看电影学英语《时空恋旅人》第31期:生活的真谛
日期:2014-03-27 07:54

(单词翻译:单击)

剧本欣赏


So I'm almost up-to-date with my story.
所以,对于我的人生我总是有第一手消息
As all families do, we got used to life after death.
像所有的家庭一样,我们习惯了亲人离世后的生活
And it was still fine.
还好没什么问题
And things settled back into their traditional rhythms season after season,
所有的一切都重回正轨…
and are much as they have always been.
跟以往的一祥
And we've got used to Kit Kat being happy again.
凯蒂跟以前一样快乐,我们已经习惯了
And then we got used to her being a mum.
并且得习惯她已经为人母的事实
Albeit not a very good or even safe one.
尽管不是很好很有安全感的一个
And in the end,
最后…
I think I've learned the final lesson from my travels in time.
我想我已经从穿越时空这件事上学到了最后的教训
And I've even gone one step further than my father did.
我已经比我爸爸多迈出了一步
Okay, I'll do the kids.
好的,我来搞定这些孩子
No, don't worry. I'll do them.
不,别担心,我来
Yeah, you do them, you lazy bum.
好吧,你来,你这个懒惰虫
The truth is, I now don't travel back at all. Not even for the day.
事实上,现在我已经不再穿越回过去了,即使像这样的日子
I just try to live every day as if I've deliberately come back to this one day
我试着过好每一天,就像我已经穿越回去那一天一祥…
to enjoy it as if it was the full final day
去享受它…就当它是我非凡却又普通人生的…
of my extraordinary, ordinary life.
最后一天
Hello, you're down already. That's great. Thank you so much for that.
哈喽,你已经慢了,很好,谢谢
And in we go.
我们坐进来
Posy? Posy!
在第一次见到可爱的你之前
那很好
That's fine.
We're all travelling through time together
我们人生中的每一天…
every day of our lives.
都是一起穿越时空
All we can do is do our best
我们所能做的是尽全力…
to relish this remarkable ride.
品味这个过程

重点解析

重点讲解:
up-to-date

adj. 最新的,最近的;现代的,新式的
If you want to find an up-to-date map of Haiti, then there is only one place to go.
如果你想找到一幅海地的最新地图,那么就只有一个地方可去。
It will also mean updating ads so that even when watching recorded programmes they are still up-to-date.
电视运营商还将更新广告,这样一来,在人们观看录制节目时,也将收看到最新广告。
irst, optimizing your hotel’s online profiles with up-to-date, detailed and accurate information is critical.
首先,优化你们酒店网上的资料,提供最新、最详细、最准确的信息至关重要。
extraordinary
adj. 非凡的;特别的;离奇的;临时的;特派的
He is a man of extraordinary will power.
他是个具有非凡意志的人
He used to drive me around in his London taxi and I fell in love with this extraordinary man.
他过去常常用他的伦敦出租车带着我到处逛,我就慢慢爱上了这个不平凡的人。
Fear of failure, humiliation or making mistakes hinders our creative impulses and our ability to create extraordinary changes in the world.
害怕失败,屈辱或犯错误阻碍我们的创造性冲动,和我们在世界上创造非凡变化的能力。
relish
n. 滋味;风味;食欲;开胃小菜;含义;调味品
vt. 盼望;期待;享受; 品味;喜爱;给…加佐料
vi. 有特定意味;味道可口
he won't relish having to do the household chores every day.
她不喜欢每天料理家务。
I believe the Chinese food can be made more relishing.
我认为中国饭菜可以做得更可口些.
I relish the challenge of doing jobs that others turn down.
我喜欢接受挑战做别人拒绝做的工作。


上期答案
1.He is famous for his illustrious achievement.
2.Her methods of seduction are subtle.
3.A person has a thought, in the ocean of this thought very easy enchant ego, can not find a direction any further.

分享到
重点单词
  • enchantv. 施魔法,使迷惑,使喜悦,使陶醉
  • remarkableadj. 显著的,异常的,非凡的,值得注意的
  • criticaladj. 批评的,决定性的,危险的,挑剔的 adj. 临
  • deliberatelyadv. 慎重地,故意地
  • accurateadj. 准确的,精确的
  • extraordinaryadj. 非凡的,特别的,特派的
  • subtleadj. 微妙的,敏感的,精细的,狡诈的,不明显的
  • albeitconj. 即使;虽然
  • detailedadj. 详细的
  • creativeadj. 创造性的