看电影学英语《时空恋旅人》第3期:我想到超能力的用处了
日期:2014-02-21 08:47

(单词翻译:单击)

剧本欣赏



You all right, Tim? Yes. Yeah. Good, ace. Yeah.
- 你没事吧,蒂姆? - 是的,没事
Good, come on. it's nearly midnight and we've got to find...
好,快,马上十二点了,我们快 去…
Whoa, whoa, whoa!
哇!
Whoo! Midnight.
十二点
ten, nine, eight, seven,
十、九、八、七…
six, five,four,three, two, one.
六、五、四、三、二、一
Happy New Year!
新年快乐!
Thank you, Tim. You're welcome, Polly.
- 谢谢你,蒂姆 - 不客气,波利
Does Mum know?
妈妈知道嘛?
Not a whistle.
不知道。
Strange. And what about the whole... Butterfly effect thing. What can I say?
- 不知道 - 好奇怪,这整个…
We don't seem to have messed up civilisation yet.
蝴蝶效应,我能说什么?我们貌 似没搞什么破坏
It's gonna be a complicated year. It's gonna be a complicated life.
- 这会是很复杂的一年 - 这会是很复杂的人生

What have you done with it?
那你都用这个超能力干了些什么?
For me, it's books, books, books. I've read everything a man could wish to.
对我来说,它就像是书,我读了 每个人所希望读到的
Twice. Dickens three times. Any first thoughts?
两次,狄更斯三次,有什么第一 感觉吗?
Well, I suppose apart from getting a slightly better haircut... Yeah.
我想,除了弄个更酷点的发型外…
Money would be the obvious thing. Very mixed blessing.
- 金钱应该是最明显的东西 - 有好有坏
Utterly screwed up your grandfather's life. Left him without love or friends.
你爷爷的生活被搞得一团糟,让 他没有亲朋好友
I've never bumped into a genuinely happy rich person. It would be nice not to have to work.
- 我也从没遇到过真正快乐的有 钱佬
No, that's a real recipe for disaster.
不,这是不幸的根源,看看你弗 雷德叔叔的遭遇
Look what happened to Uncle Fred. What happened to Uncle Fred? Absolutely sod all.
- 弗雷德叔叔怎么了? - 一事无成,浪费生命
Wasted his life.
浪费生命。
You have to use the things that you really thinkwill make your life the way you want it to be.
你必须在遇到可以改变人生的事情时,才使用这项能力。
Come on, really think about this.
好好考虑下
Well,
好吧…
to be honest, I suppose, at the moment,
老实说,这个超能力…
it would be just great if it could help me get a girlfriend.
如果能帮我搞到女朋友就棒呆了
Wow.
哇哦
Massive. Yeah.
不错.是的
The mothership.
很好


重点解析

重点讲解:

silght
adj. 轻微的,少量的
vt. 轻视,忽略;怠慢
n. 怠慢;
He was slighted in the corner.
他被冷落在屋里的角落。
We shouldn't slight anybody even if he's a nobody.
我们不应该轻视任何人,即使他是一个小人物。
screw up
拧紧;鼓舞;弄糟
Get out. Haven't you screwed things up enough already, you idiot!
出去。难道你把事情弄得还不够糟吗?你这个白痴!
You can't open the window because it screws up the air conditioning.
你不能开窗,因为那样会破坏空调。
He would start writing to his family and would screw the letter up in frustration.
recipe
n. 食谱;[临床] 处方;秘诀
Every week try something new, whether it is a new recipe, a new hair style, a new workout or a new route to work.
每周尝试一些新的东西,不论是一个新的食谱,一个新的发型,一种新的锻炼或者一种新的工作方式。
This adaptation is also the basis for the recipe construct.
这个改编版本也是配方构造的基础

考考你:

翻译

1.医生说他已经有些轻微的好转。

2.他一次次开始给家里写信,又一次次懊恼地把信揉成团。

3.大规模的通货膨胀有可能导致灾难。

上期答案

1.She is very fond of Chinese classical literature and has spent some time reading Tang and Song poetry, etc.

2.She tumbled off her bicycle.

3.My face turned red and I felt ashamed of myself.





分享到
重点单词
  • screwn. 螺钉,螺丝,螺旋,螺旋桨,螺状物 v. 拧,拧紧
  • whistlen. 口哨,汽笛,厂笛,啸啸声,用于召唤或发布命令的哨声
  • constructvt. 构筑,建造 n. 构想
  • recipen. 食谱,秘诀,药方
  • frustrationn. 挫折,令人沮丧的东西
  • absolutelyadv. 绝对地,完全地;独立地
  • massiveadj. 巨大的,大规模的,大量的,大范围的
  • blessingn. 祝福,祷告
  • sodn. (一块)草皮,草地 n. 鸡奸者 vt. 用草皮覆
  • slightadj. 轻微的,微小的,纤细的,脆弱的 vt. 轻视,