看电影学英语《时空恋旅人》第20期:珀西出生了
日期:2014-03-12 07:29

(单词翻译:单击)

剧本欣赏


I'm so sorry to disturb you, but I wonder if I could have your autograph.
很抱歉打扰下,请问可以给我签个名吗?
No. No.
不可以
I'm at a wedding, for God's sake. I'm here to celebrate true love not
我在参加婚礼,是来庆祝这对新人的…
scribble my illegible signature on stupid bits of paper that you can flog on eBay
而不是把我潦草的字签在这张破纸片上,你好去网上拍卖
so that at the next wedding you can wear a less hideous hat.
下次婚礼可以戴顶稍微好看点的帽子
I see you've met my Aunt May.
我想你应该见过我梅姨了
God. People should wear name tags.
哦,上帝,他们应该贴上名字
You next, Kittle Kattle.
下一个就是你了,凯蒂
I don't know, Uncle D.
我可不确定,德斯蒙德舅舅
Boys aren't very nice.
男孩子都很坏
Aren't they, darling?
是吗,亲爱的?
Not in my experience.
反正我没遇到过好的
They're always taking liberties, not giving much back in return.
他们总是要自由,却从不讲付出
It's yummy. Yeah?
- 很美味 - 是吗?
I like the way you say 'yummy.'
我喜欢你这样说“很美味”
Do you wish we'd picked another less wet day?
你有没有希望我们会选一个阳光 明媚的日子?
No.
没有
Not for the world.
绝没有
And so it begins.
我们的生活就这样开始了
Lots and lots of types of days.
会有各种各样的日子
Fun!
好开心!
Posy.
珀西
Posy she is.
她就是珀西
The most beautiful girl in the world.
这个世界上最漂亮的女孩
You want your daddy. Yes, I know.
你想找爸爸,好的,我知道
Yeah.
在那里
No one can ever prepare you for what happens when you have a child.
当你有了孩子,没人会告诉你会发生什么事
When you see the baby in your arms and you know that it's your job now.
当你看着怀里的宝宝,你知道那就是你的工作
No one can prepare you for the love and the fear.
没人会为爱…还有恐惧做准备
She's lovely.
哦,她真可爱
You were such an ugly baby.
你小时候可丑了
More chimpanzee than child.
就像是黑猩猩
I remember the first time I saw you, I thanked God we were in driving distance of London Zoo.
我记得第一次见到你,我感谢上帝我们不是去伦敦动物园
Come on, hand over the little bugger, let's see if she bounces.
快点,把那小东西传给我,让我看看她会不会颠动
Yeah, she definitely will bounce.
- 我们确定… - 她当然会颠动
Look. She can do anything.
- 哦,瞧 - 她什么都会
Look. Hello.
- 快瞧 - 哈喽
Sweetheart.
小甜心
No one can prepare you for the love people you love can feel for them.
没人会为爱做准备,你爱的人他们会自己感受
And nothing can prepare you for the indifference of friends who don't have babies.
对于那些没有孩子的朋友们的漠不关心没什么可以做准备的
Do you wanna go to Uncle Jay? No, thanks, it's fine. It's great.
- 你想去找杰伊叔叔吗? - 不,谢谢,这样就好
And it's a shock how quickly you have to move to a new place you completely can't afford.
你会震惊自己一下子进入了一个 承担不起的新世界
Look what we found. Look who it is!
- 看我们找到了什么 - 看看它是谁?
Honey! Sorry.
- 老公! - 抱歉
Suddenly, time travel seems almost unnecessary,
突然,穿越时空貌似没什么必要了…
because every detail of life is so delightful.
因为生活的每一个细节都这么充满欢乐

重点解析

重点讲解:

scribble
n. 潦草写成的东西;潦草的写法;杂文
vt. 乱写;滥写;潦草地书写
vi. 乱写;乱涂
She scribbled a note to tell Mom she'd gone out.
她草草地写了个便条告诉妈妈,她出去了。
When Caroline was five she scribbled on a wall.
卡罗琳5岁时在墙上乱涂乱画。
I'm sorry what I wrote was such a scribble.
很抱歉我写的东西太潦草了。
hideous
adj. 可怕的;丑恶的
She saw a hideous face at the window and screamed.
她在窗口看到一张奇丑无比的脸,尖叫了起来。
Every article on the breakfast table was fetched away with a hideous crash.
早餐桌上的每件物品随着可怕的撞击声移动了位置。
bounce
n. 跳;弹力;活力
vt. 弹跳;使弹起
vi. 弹跳;弹起,反跳;弹回
The ball bounced off the wall and he caught it.
球从墙上弹回来,他接住了球。
She bounced out of the room in a huff.
她怒气冲冲地冲出房间。
To my disappointment the bank bounced the cheque.
令我失望的是,银行居然拒付并退回那张支票。
indifference
n. 漠不关心;冷淡;不重视;中立
He swung from mere indifference to outright scorn.
一开始他还只是漠不关心,后来竟变得冷嘲热讽起来。
This is a state that comes from inner strength and inner peace, and not from apathy and indifference.
这样的心态来自于内心的力量和平静,而不是漠不关心的冷漠。


考考你:

翻译

1.我们必须打破围绕此现象的沉默与冷淡。

2.这孩子在沙发上蹦蹦跳跳,把沙发弄破了。

3.他一家子遭到了匪帮的可怕袭击。

上期答案
1.Pete was telling them an anecdote about their mother.
2.Physical exercises. What can be better in the frosty morning?
3.We thought it was hilarious when we first heard about it.

分享到
重点单词
  • apathyn. 缺乏感情或兴趣,冷漠
  • indifferencen. 不重视,无兴趣,漠不关心
  • anecdoten. 轶事,奇闻
  • disturbv. 扰乱,妨碍,使 ... 不安
  • hilariousadj. 欢闹的,愉快的
  • disappointmentn. 失望,令人失望的人或事
  • unnecessaryadj. 不必要的,多余的
  • delightfuladj. 令人愉快的,可喜的
  • scribblev. 潦草地书写,乱写,滥写 n. 潦草的写法,潦草写成
  • chimpanzeen. 黑猩猩