看电影学英语《时空恋旅人》第14期:丈母娘来袭
日期:2014-03-05 07:53

(单词翻译:单击)

剧本欣赏


You're dying? No, not that bad.
- 你要死了? - 不,没那么坏
I'm dying? No.
- 我要死了? - 不是
My parents are in town. They're visiting and they're coming around.
我父母来伦敦了,他们过来看我,马上就到
God. Parents? American parents?
哦上帝,父母?美国父母?
When? Now.
- 什么时候? - 就现在
They told me and I didn't tell you
他们之前有跟我提过,我没告诉你,
and I thought they'd cancel because they normally do and they didn't.
我以为他们会取消,因为他们总是那样,但是这次没有
Now now? Now now. So you should probably put on some pants.
- 现在? - 就现在,所以你应该先穿上裤
God. Okay, okay.
哦,上帝,好的,好的
I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Do they know I exist?
- 不好意思,不好意思 - 他们知道有我这个人吗?
Yeah. I've mentioned something like you, but nothing very specific.
知道,我有偶尔提到你,但不是特别具体
Yeah, they're quite conservative, so maybe not those pants.
他们比较保守,所以不要穿这样的裤子
Okay. Yeah.
好了
God. Okay.
哦上帝,好了
Could you just stall them. Stall them.
你可以拖延下他们吗?拖延一下
Come on up.
上来吧
What? I'm sorry, they don't like waiting.
- 什么?! - 对不起,他们不喜欢等
Okay. Do I live here? Definitely not.
- 好吧,我住在这里吗? - 当然没有
Are we having sex? Yeah. But not oral.
- 我们有上床吗? - 有,但不是口交
I wasn't gonna mention oral.
- 我不会提到口交 - 好的,不要提
Okay, good, don't. How did you think that was gonna come up? Could you help me with this, please?
这个问题怎么会提到?你能帮我弄一下吗?拜托
I don't know. if it does, just deny it completely.
不知道,如果真有提到,彻底否认就是了
Who's gonna bring it up? Your dad?
谁会提出来?你老爸?
"Tim, had any cunnilingus with my daughter recently?"
“蒂姆,最近有为我女儿口交吗?”
Well, you never know. Okay.
- 你不会知道的 - 好吧
Okay. Ready? Yeah.
- 好,准备好了? - 是的
They're there. They are, yeah.
- 他们到了 - 哦,是的
Yeah, right behind you. Okay. Right, okay.
- 对,就在你身后 - 对,是的
Dad! Hello, sweet.
- 爸爸! - 嗨,小甜心
Mom. Hi. Hi, honey.
- 妈妈,嗨 - 嗨,亲爱的
This is Tim.
哦,这是蒂姆
Hello, sir. Ma'am.
哈喽,先生,女士
Should we come back when you haven't got any company, or...
我们是不是等你们没有约会的时候 再回来?
Well, that would be quite difficult because Tim actually lives here.
哦,那会比较难,因为蒂姆其实…住在这里
Really? With you?
真的吗?跟你?
Yes. Yeah, but no oral sex, I promise you.
是的,但是没有口交,我向您保证
I beg your pardon?
你说什么?
Excuse me.
不好意思
So, Tim, tell us where are you from, which part of the country?
蒂姆…可以告诉我们你是哪里人吗?
He's from Cornwall. Yeah, it's really pretty.
他是康沃尔人,那地方超美
It's that little bit right at the end, sort of looks like a shoe.
就是稍微有点小,看起来像只鞋子
And you're a lawyer, is that right?
你是名律师,对吗?
Yep, that's right. And he never loses.
是的,他打官司还从来没输过
You don't think he's gonna win, then he just pulls something out of the bag and,
即使你以为他不会赢,但是他…
what do you know, he wins again.
会使出杀手锏,瞬间扭转局势,稳操胜券
Do you ever answer any of your own questions?
你可以亲自回答自己的问题吗?
I...,yes, he does. Usually he does,
我,他当然可以,他向来都是…
but not today because I'm doing all the talking because I'm really nervous
但是今天不行,因为我一直说个 不停,因为我真的很紧张…
and I kinda love him and I just... I want you to, too.
我真的很喜欢他,我希望你也会
Honey.
哦,亲爱的
Sorry. Tim. Over to you.
很抱歉,蒂姆,交给你了
Shoot.
你们继续
Yeah, I think my dad... Can I just say one more thing? Um...
- 是的,我想我爸爸… - 我可以再多说一句吗?


重点解析

重点讲解:

stall
n. 货摊;畜栏;托辞
vi. 停止,停转;拖延
vt. 拖延;使停转;使陷于泥中
The shop manager stalled the man until the police arrived.
那个商场经理把那人拖住直到警察赶到。
The Social Democratic Party has vowed to try to stall the bill until the current session ends.
该社会民主党已立誓设法暂停该议案直至当前会议结束。
She went into the shower stall, turned on the water, and grabbed the soap.
她走进淋浴间,打开水,抓起香皂。
specific
adj. 特殊的,特定的;明确的;详细的;[药] 具有特效的
n. 特性;细节;特效药
There are several specific problems to be dealt with.
有好几个特定问题要解决。
She declined to be more specific about the reasons for the separation.
她拒绝给出导致分手的更确切的原因。
Send your resume with a cover letter that is specific to that particular job.
将你的简历和专门为那份工作而写的附信一并寄送。
conservative
adj. 保守的
n. 保守派,守旧者
The girl was well dressed, as usual, though in a more conservative style.
这个女孩像平常一样穿着得体,但式样则更守旧。
The young people are the most eager to learn and the least conservative in their thinking.
青年人最肯学习,最少保守思想。
oral
adj. 口头的,口述的
n. 口试
He lucked out on the oral examination.
他侥幸通过了口语考试。
As a project manager you will have to deal with both written and oral communications.
作为一个项目经理,你需要同时处理书面和口头的交流。
I made an oral agreement with a company.
我与一家公司达成了一个口头协议。


考考你:

翻译

1.托马斯花了整周的时间迟迟不做决定。

2.按摩也许会帮助加快血液流向身体各个特定部位。

3.人们在年轻时常常更开放,年纪越大就越保守。

上期答案
1.As an amateur, he found great amusement in playing basketball.
2.The police booked him for suspicion of robbery.
3.There are only 60 swimming pools in the entire country.

分享到
重点单词
  • stalln. 货摊,摊位,厩,畜栏,(飞行器)失速 vt. 把
  • resumev. 再继续,重新开始 n. 简历,履历; 摘要
  • amusementn. 娱乐,消遣
  • specificadj. 特殊的,明确的,具有特效的 n. 特效药,特性
  • havenn. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,
  • currentn. (水、气、电)流,趋势 adj. 流通的,现在的,
  • democraticadj. 民主的,大众的,平等的
  • suspicionn. 猜疑,怀疑
  • pardonn. 原谅,赦免 vt. 宽恕,原谅
  • soapn. 肥皂 vt. 用肥皂洗,阿谀奉承