看电影学英语《时空恋旅人》第22期:拯救凯蒂
日期:2014-03-15 09:40

(单词翻译:单击)

剧本欣赏


My darling. What's happened?
亲爱的,发生了什么事?
You're the best person in the world. You're top equal with my wife. I don't get it.
你是这世上最棒的,跟我老婆一个级别,我不明白
Maybe, just maybe,
或许,只是或许…
I'm the faller.
我是个失败者
Every family has, like, someone who falls,
每个家庭都多多少少有失败者…
who doesn't make the grade, who stumbles,
那些不及格的,跌跌撞撞的…
who life trips up.
那些总是栽跟头的
Maybe I'm our faller.
或许我就是咱家的失败者
No.No.
不.不.
Okay. I'm gonna tell you a secret.
好,我要告诉你一秘密
And you have to promise to keep it.
但是你必须答应我要保守这个秘密
We've always kept secrets. We have?
- 我们向来对彼此的秘密守口如瓶
You promise you won't ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever,
你答应我永远、永远…
ever, ever, ever, ever tell?
永远,永远,永远都不会说出去?
Yes.

I can travel in time.
我可以穿越时空
Why are we standing in the cupboard under the stairs?
为什么我们藏在柜橱里?
Because we're gonna go back in time and you're gonna do some things differently.
因为我们要回到过去,你要做些不一样的事
I love it when you're funny.
我很喜欢你搞笑的样子
Grab my hand. Close your eyes.
抓住我的手,闭上眼睛
My God! My God!
哦上帝!哦上帝!
My arsing God in a box.
天哪
You're kidding? I can go anywhere in time and you bring me back to the worst party of all time.
你开什么玩笑?我可以回去任何时候,你却带我回到最烂的派对
Fraid so. Let's go.
恐怕是这样,走吧
We've got work to do. What work?
- 我们有活儿要干 - 什么活儿?
Making sure you do not meet Jimmy Kincade.
确保你不会遇见吉米金卡德
Quick, in here.
快点,这里
But he's about to fall in love with me! Not this time he isn't.
- 但是他会爱上我! - 不是这次的话他不会
Who's the pretty looking girl? It's Jennifer, isn't it?
这么漂亮的女孩是谁?是珍妮弗,不是吗?
Yeah. Wild!
- 是的 - 好狂热
I like your skirt, Jennifer. Thank you.
- 我喜欢你的裙子,珍妮弗 - 谢谢
Right, I get it.
好的,我明白了
If he hadn't met me, he would have just had sex with someone else.
如果他没有遇见我,就会跟别人上床
Nip it in the bud?
将痛苦扼杀在摇篮里,对吗?
Excuse me, Jimmy.
不好意思,吉米
Sorry. Do I know you?
- 抱歉 - 我认识你吗?
Yeah, you do.
是的,你认识
Very well. Sorry.
并且很熟,不好意思
And this is what I should have done right at the start.
这是一开始我就应该做的
Happy New Year, everybody. Happy New Year.
各位,新年快乐,新年快乐
And back to the cupboard.
回去橱柜里
Amazing!
真不可思议!

重点解析

重点讲解:
trip up

绊倒;挑剔
The lawyer tripped the witness up.
律师让证人自相矛盾。
The difficult question tripped up most of the students.
这道难题让大多数学生犯错误。
Nip
vt. 夹;捏;剪断;冻伤;阻止
vi. 夹;捏;刺骨;小饮
n. 夹;捏;刺骨;小饮
There is a nip in the air.
空气寒冷刺骨。
If we attack quickly, we can nip the enemy's plans in the bud.
如果我们迅速进攻,我们可以把敌人的计划消灭在萌芽状态
bud
n. 芽,萌芽;蓓蕾
vi. 发芽,萌芽
vt. 使发芽
Rosanna's favourite time is early summer, just before the buds open.
罗莎娜最喜欢的时节是初夏,就在花蕾开放之前。
he stooped and kissed the beautiful bud.
她弯腰在美丽的花蕾上亲了一下。
keep secret
保密;保守秘密
Read on to find out some of the best kept secrets to keeping a relationship strong.
你可以来读一读这篇文章,找出能够让你保持良好关系的秘方。
Despite the best efforts of the BBC it had become one of the worst-kept secrets in television.
尽管英国广播公司使尽浑身解数,但在电视媒体面前保密工作可真没做到家。


考考你:

翻译

1.小孩失足跌倒。

2.意识到嫉妒并在它发展到无法控制之前就把它消灭于萌芽状态,这一点至关重要。

3.我认为这确实是保守得最好的秘密之一。

上期答案
1.Have you ever chewed bubble gum?
2.He spurned the advice of management consultants.
3.He'd been drunk when I arrived. Now he was sober.

分享到
重点单词
  • budn. 芽,花蕾 vi. 发芽,萌芽 vt. 使发芽
  • bubblen. 气泡,泡影 v. 起泡,冒泡
  • soberadj. 清醒的,沉着冷静的,稳重的,颜色暗淡的 vt.
  • witnessn. 目击者,证人 vt. 目击,见证,出席,观察,经历