看电影学英语《时空恋旅人》第16期:你愿意嫁给我吗?
日期:2014-03-08 09:42

(单词翻译:单击)

剧本欣赏


Where do you wanna go?
你想去哪里?
Well, wherever you like really.
你想去哪里就去哪里
I can't compete.
难以抗拒
You know,
你知道的…
I'm starting to think we slightly wasted that summer holiday.
我开始认为是我们浪费了那个暑假
If we could travel back in time,
如果我们可以穿越时空…
maybe I wouldn't have said no.
或许我不会说不
I'm...
我…
I'm just staying round the corner.
我就住在附近
Can you walk me home?
你可以送我回家吗?
Yeah.
可以
Yeah? Yeah, of course, yeah.
- 可以? - 当然,可以
Well, here we are.
好了…我们到了
It's a lot nicer inside.
里面会… 更漂亮
I'm sure it is.
我想肯定是
So... So...So...
- 所以…? - 所以… 那么…
So,
那么…
lovely
很高兴…
to see you, Charlotte.
见到你,夏洛特
What a night. Total joy, but I've gotta
多美的夜晚,很高兴,但是我得…
get back
回去了…
because there's something very important that I have to do. Right now.
因为我还有很重要的事情要做,就现在
Wake up. Wake up. What?
醒醒
Mary.
玛丽
Would you like to marry me?
你可以…嫁给我吗?
Shh.Don't be so selfish, I'm sleeping. it's bad.
嘘……别这么自私,我在睡觉,真差劲
Right.

That went very well.
那好吧
Wake up.
醒醒
What?
干嘛呀?
Wake up. Come and have a chat.
醒醒,我们来谈谈
Why?
为什么?
I've got something important to ask you.
我有很重要的事要问你
Can't it wait till morning?
不能等到明天早上吗?
Not really.
不能
But I'm so comfy.
但是我睡得正好
I was having the loveliest dream.
我正在做美梦
What is it?
什么事?
Why is there music on?
为什么放着音乐?
It's got something to do with what I want to ask you.
这跟我想问你的问题有关
Wait a minute.
等等
Romantic music.
浪漫的音乐
Guy with important question.
那你应该有很重要的问题
Are you on your knees?
你下跪了?
On his knees.
下跪
Were you so bored in the play you decided to ask me to marry you afterwards?
是不是话剧超无聊你才决定向我求婚的?
Something like that.
类似吧
Yeah. Exactly that.
是的,的确是这样
In fact,
那…
will you marry me?
你肯嫁给我吗?
Any thoughts on the answer?
你有什么想法吗?
"Yes?", "No?", "Get out of my life, loser.", they're all possible.
“愿意或不愿意”?“滚出我的生 活,窝囊废”,这些都有可能
I think I'll go for
我想我会选择…
"yes."
“我愿意”
Thank you for asking me.
谢谢你向我求婚
And thank you for not going for one of those melodramatic proposals
谢谢你没有像别人那样在众目睽睽之下…
with lots of people around.
戏剧性地向我求婚
I hate other people.
我不喜欢有别人在场
Me, too.
我也是
Yeah.

I'm just gonna turn off the radio.
我去关掉收音机
Okay. Good idea.
好的,好主意
Thanks, guys. Sorry, she's a bit tired.
谢谢,各位,不好意思,她有点累了
But we really appreciate it. Can you go?
但是…我们真的感激不尽,你们可以走了吗?


重点解析

重点讲解:

melodramatic
adj. 夸张的;情节剧的;戏剧似的
"Don't you think you're being slightly melodramatic?" Jane asked.
“你不觉得你有点夸张吗?”简问道。
I’m not being melodramatic.
我不是在危言耸听
proposal
n. 提议,建议;求婚
After a three-weekend courtship, Pam accepted Randy's proposal of marriage.
经过一段为期3个周末的恋爱,帕姆接受了兰迪的求婚。
He made no comments on our proposal.
他对我们的建议没有作评论。
appreciate
vt. 欣赏;感激;领会;鉴别
vi. 增值;涨价
Anyone can appreciate our music.
任何人都能欣赏我们的音乐。
She never really appreciated the depth and bitterness of the family's conflict.
她从未真正理解该家庭矛盾的深度与激烈程度。
hey don't have any confidence that houses will appreciate in value.
他们对房屋增值没有一点信心。
In order to appreciate the novel,one must be able to enter the spirit of the work.
要想欣赏这部小说,你必须领悟这部作品的精神。


考考你:

翻译

1.感激并且尊重你所拥有的。 而不是将注意力专注在你没有的。

2.不那么耸人听闻却更严肃的问题是必须解决保密问题。

3.我强烈反对他的建议。

上期答案
1.The present is evanescent and the future will always astonish you one way or another.
2.She soon get used to the hustle and bustle of city life.
3.In fact, our pensions are more than what we spend every month so I feel no burden.

分享到
重点单词
  • confidenceadj. 骗得信任的 n. 信任,信心,把握
  • appreciatedvt. 欣赏;感激;领会;鉴别 vi. 增值;涨价
  • proposaln. 求婚,提议,建议
  • conflictn. 冲突,矛盾,斗争,战斗 vi. 冲突,争执,抵触
  • appreciatevt. 欣赏,感激,赏识 vt. 领会,充分意识 vi.
  • slightlyadv. 些微地,苗条地
  • evanescentadj. 逐渐消失的,短暂的
  • romanticadj. 浪漫的 n. 浪漫的人
  • competevi. 竞争,对抗,比赛
  • bitternessn. 苦味,悲痛,怨恨