看电影学英语《时空恋旅人》第15期:偶遇初恋
日期:2014-03-07 07:30

(单词翻译:单击)

剧本欣赏


Thank God that's over.
谢天谢地终于结束了
I got given two tickets for the National Theatre tomorrow. Do you wanna come?
我收到两张国家大剧院的票,你想一起去吗?
No, so not. I'm just gonna sleep all day.
哦,不,不要,我要睡一整天
I don't see why going to the theatre should get in the way of that.
我不明白,难道去剧院妨碍睡觉吗?
Many of the best sleeps of my life have happened in the Royal Shakespeare Company.
我在观看皇家莎士比亚剧团表演时睡得都超好
No, you take someone else.
不,你属于另类
I really like bed and I really hate theatre.
我真的很喜欢床而不是剧院
Quite right.
很对
But what kind of sad act is gonna be free on a Saturday night
但是周六晚上没人陪同…
with no day's notice?
将会是何等的凄惨?
Bravo.

My God. it's Charlotte. Who?
- 哦上帝,是夏洛特 - 谁?
It was my first love. Where?
- 我的初恋 - 在哪里?
There. Under the "exit" sign.
那里,“出口”标示下面
- The old woman? - No, not the old woman. The astonishing blonde.
- 那个老女人? - 不,不是,那个漂亮的白肤金发
The one with the dark hair? No, blonde. Blonde means blonde hair, doesn't it?
- 黑色头发那个? - 不,金发,金发碧眼不就是金
Off the stage.
下台
Okay, you stay there. I mean it, stay!
好,呆在那里别动,我说别动!
Charlotte.
夏洛特
My God. Tim.
哦上帝,蒂姆
How fabulous to see you.
哦,能见到你真是太好了
Wow. I... This is my girlfriend Tina.
哇哦,我…这是我女朋友蒂娜
No.
不,哦…
That is so brilliant. Well, hello, Tina.
真是太好了,你好,蒂娜
Why is it brilliant?
为什么是太好了?
Well, you know. There are certain moments in your life that scar you for life.
生活中总有些时候会给你留下伤疤
Charlotte's rejection of me was one of those moments,
夏洛特拒绝我就是其中一次,但是…
but now I know she's got a "girlfriend", well, that's just a huge burden suddenly lifted off my mind.
现在我知道她有了个“女朋友”,心里的石头终于落下了
I can be a confident heterosexual all over again.
我可以再次确定自己是个异性恋
Not that kind of girlfriend.
不是“那种”女朋友
What?
什么?
You think I'm gay?
你以为我是同性恋?
No.

No, of course not. No. it's girl friend.
不,当然不是,不,只是女性朋友
Yes. No. Wow.
是的,不是,哇哦
Yeah, friend who is a girl, which you so clearly are.
是的,只是女性朋友,这你很清楚
I'm just gonna go and get my boyfriend, who is a boy...
我要去找我的男朋友了,是个男孩…
My God. Tim.
哦上帝,蒂姆
How lovely to see you. Look at you. Wow.
见到你真是太好了,瞧瞧你,哇哦
This is my girlfriend Tina.
- 这是我的女朋友蒂娜 - 哦
Hello, Tina. Although you should be a little careful with that, by the way.
你好,蒂娜,尽管你很小心
There are still quite a lot of us old fashioned types about who interpret "girlfriend" as meaning gay
但是我们很多人还是会把“女朋友”误解为“同性恋”
So if you say that Tina's your girlfriend, people will assume that you're "gay".
所以如果你说蒂娜是你女朋友,别人会以为你是“同性恋”
I am "gay".
我是“同性恋”
Are you?
你吗?
Do you have a problem with that?
有什么问题吗?
No, I don't. I love that stuff.
不,没有,我喜欢
I'm just gonna...
我要去…
Wow.
哇哦
I've just seen the girl who broke my heart three summers ago.
我刚碰见三年前伤了我心的那个女孩子
Let's go say hello. No. Best let sleeping dogs lie. Come on.
- 那我们去打个招呼 - 不,旧事不要重提,拜托
Best night of my life. I always love this area. It's so bustling and I mean those pictures, full of colour.
我人生中最棒的夜晚,我喜欢这里,如此熙熙攘攘,充满色彩
Just makes me so happy when I'm round here, all the colour... Tim.
来到这里我就很高兴…蒂姆
Charlotte! Tim, how lovely to see you.
- 哦,夏洛特! - 蒂姆,见到你真是太好了
What a surprise.
真是个惊喜
Wow. Sorry. This is my girlfriend, Tina.
哇哦,这是我女朋友,蒂娜
She's gay. Shut up.
- 她是个同性恋 - 闭嘴
Hello, Tina. Look at you!
- 你好,蒂娜 - 瞧你!
It just never even occurred to me you existed outside of Cornwall.
你离开康沃尔后就没再见到你了
We're about to go and get dinner, but it would be great to hang out sometime.
我们要去吃晚餐,不过顺便逛逛也不错
Yeah, sure. I'd love that. Send my love to little Kit Kat. How is she?
- 我也喜欢 - 带我向小凯蒂问好,她还好
She's okay. She's not finding London totally easy actually.
她还好,她不喜欢伦敦…
Right. Well, Jimmy says he sees her sometimes. Really? Since when?
- 吉米说他偶尔会去看她 - 真的吗?什么时候?
You knew there was always something there.
你知道的他们总是牵扯不清
Sorry, you are?
不好意思,你?
Very well, thank you. Well, she means your name.
- 我还好,谢谢 - 她是说你叫什么名字
Roger. No, it's not.
- 罗杰 - 不,不是
No, it's not. it's Rory.
不,不是,是罗里
Nice to meet you, Rory. Yeah.
- 很高兴见到你,罗里 - 彼此彼此
Right. Sorry, we should get going.
不好意思,我们得走了
It was really great to see you. I'll see you soon. You, too. Yeah.
- 真的很高兴见到你,后会有期 - 彼此彼此
Bye.
再见
God, she is beautiful.
上帝,她好漂亮
She's so beautiful, if you had sex with her, you'd die. You'd just die.
真是太漂亮了,如果你跟她做爱,你必死无疑
You'd open her shirt, see her breasts and your eyes would explode.
解开她的上衣,看见她的乳房,你的眼睛就会爆炸
You'd have to have sex with her blind. And then you'd die.
你就得瞎着眼跟她做爱,然后你就会死
You notice she didn't give me her number...
你应该注意到她没有给我电话号码…
I told Tina to go have dinner on her own. Are you hungry?
我告诉蒂娜让她自己去吃晚餐了,你饿吗?
Yeah. Of course. Great.
- 当然 - 太好了
Bye, Roger.
再见,罗杰
Yeah, excellent.
哦,好的
Thanks again for the play. Triumph.
- 再次谢谢这场话剧,真是太成功了


重点解析

重点讲解:
astonish
vt. 使惊讶
My news will astonish you.
我的消息会令你十分惊讶。
A matter of repeated occurrence like this will not astonish people.
重复出现的事物不会使人吃惊。
It astonish me that no one have think of this before.
以前谁也没想到这一点,是我感到惊讶。
burden
n. 负担;责任;船的载货量
vt. 使负担;烦扰;装货于
The developing countries bear the burden of an enormous external debt.
发展中国家背负着巨额外债的负担。
We decided not to burden him with the news.
我们决定不拿这个消息去烦他。
That is your privilege, and your burden.
那是你们的特权,更是你们的负担。
bustle
vi. 喧闹;忙乱;充满
vt. 使忙碌;催促
n. 喧闹;活跃;裙撑;热闹的活动
My mother bustled around the kitchen.
我母亲在厨房里忙得团团转。
The sidewalks are bustling with people.
两侧的人行道上人来人往。
The world around can be pretty funny and humorous; you only have to learn to recognize fun among all the hustle and bustle of the modern life.
只要你能学会在喧嚣和忙碌的现代生活的寻找生活的乐趣,你会发现我们周围的世界相当有趣和幽默。
triumph
n. 胜利,凯旋;欢欣
vi. 获得胜利,成功
Her sense of triumph was short-lived.
她喜悦的感觉是短暂的。
All her life, Kelly had stuck with difficult tasks and challenges, and triumphed.
凯利在一生中遭遇了种种艰巨任务与挑战,但成功了。
They partook of our triumph.
他们分享我们的胜利。


考考你:

翻译

1.现实的状况只是短暂的,而未来的发展总会有教人讶异之处。

2.她不久就习惯城市生活的喧闹繁忙。

3.事实上,我每月的养老金比我的花销还要 多,所以我一点负担都没有。

上期答案
.Thomas had spent all week stalling over his decision.
2.Massage may help to increase blood flow to specific areas of the body.
3.People tend to be more liberal when they're young and more conservative as they get older.

分享到
重点单词
  • enormousadj. 巨大的,庞大的
  • rejectionn. 拒绝,被弃,被抛弃的实例
  • recognizevt. 认出,认可,承认,意识到,表示感激
  • certainadj. 确定的,必然的,特定的 pron. 某几个,某
  • explodevt. 爆炸,驳倒 vi. 爆炸,爆发(感情),激增 [
  • interpretv. 解释,翻译,口译,诠释
  • brilliantadj. 卓越的,光辉的,灿烂的 n. 宝石
  • liberaladj. 慷慨的,大方的,自由主义的 n. 自由主义者,
  • scarn. 疤痕,伤痕,断崖 v. 结疤,使 ... 有伤痕,
  • bustlingadj. 忙乱的;熙熙攘攘的