看电影学英语《时空恋旅人》第23期:时空错乱
日期:2014-03-16 10:58

(单词翻译:单击)

剧本欣赏


What happens now? God knows.
- 现在该怎么办? - 上帝知道
What I'm hoping is that from this moment on you avoid the sleazy bad guys because they're sleazy and

bad.
我希望你从现在起忘掉那些可恶的混蛋们,因为他们真的很烂
When did you get so serious?
你什么时候变得这么严肃?
Since it occurred to me that I might lose you.
从我差点失去你那一刻起
Brace yourself, this could be weird.
做好准备,这或许有点不可思议
Things will have changed.
一切都会改变
My God.
哦上帝
What? Jay.
- 什么? - 杰伊
Jay Jay? Yes.
- 杰伊,杰伊? - 是的
And he's adorable. My God.
他…好讨喜,哦上帝
Right,
好的…
let's do this.
来吧
Come on, you two.
快点,你们两个
Mum's just cracked open a packet of biscuits.
你们妈咪刚打开了一包饼干
I've got something in mind for you.
- 我有话想跟你说 - 我知道你想说什么
I know what you're gonna say. Have a biscuit and come and help me.
- 我知道你想说什么 - 吃个饼干然后过来帮我
But leave the rest for Uncle D.
把剩下的交给德斯蒙德舅舅
It's just tidying really.
其实就只是收拾下
You all right? I missed you. Yeah.
- 你还好吗?我很想你 - 还好
Your mum wants me to do some gardening. Okay.
- 你妈妈让我帮她干点活儿 - 好的
It's tidying up, it's all a bit out of control. Anything that looks dead, out.
就是收拾下,有点乱套了,看起来死气沉沉
This is what we're looking for. Okay? All this.
这正是我们要找的,对吗?所有 这些
Dead stuff. See this.
- 死东西 - 瞧这个
They've torn them to shreds, haven't they?
它们已经被撕裂了,对吧?
How did everything go? Immensely satisfactory.
- 怎么样? - 很顺利
I'm so happy. I wanna hear all about it.
好高兴,我要听整个经过
Will you do dinner for us because there's something
你可以为我们准备晚餐吗?因为
I have to do before 6:00 or I'll get fired?
有些东西六点前我必须做完,否则会被炒鱿鱼的
Yeah. I can't think of anything I'd love to do more.
好的,不胜荣幸
Okay, where is the most fabulous person in the world?
世界上最漂亮的小家伙在哪里?
Come to your dad and get mashed up food shoved into your mouth!
过来爸爸这里,把吃的弄碎再放进你的嘴里!
Hello there, little boy.
哈喽,小家伙
You just
你先…
wait there and I'll be back in a minute.
等一下,我很快就回来
Dad, can I have a quick word?
老爸,可以跟你聊两句吗?
Yeah. Sure.
当然可以
I can't go back past the birth again, can I? No. I should have mentioned that.
- 我不能回到出生以前,对吗? - 不可以,我应该告诉过你
You're okay till it comes out but the exact sperm at the exact moment got you this
能出生还好,但是特定的精子在特定的时间才形成了…
particular baby, so if you do anything the tiniest bit different, you'll have a different child.
特别的宝宝,所以,如果你稍有差池,一切就都不一样了
So, every day up 'til yesterday is as it will always be? Lost?
所以,在昨天之前的每一天都会丢失?
Just like for everyone else.
对其他人来说也一样
Okay. interesting.
好吧,真有意思
Tough. I love you, Dad. I've gotta go.
我爱你,老爸,我得走了

重点解析

重点讲解:

tidy
adj. 整齐的;相当大的
vt. 整理;收拾;弄整齐
vi. 整理;收拾
n. 椅子的背罩
Please tidy away before you leave.
请你离开之前把一切整
Tidy the room up before the guests arrive.
客人来之前把这间屋子整理整理。
eeping their rooms tidy was her pleasure.
保持他们的房间整洁是她的快乐.
shred
n. 碎片;少量剩余;最少量;破布
vt. 切成条状;用碎纸机撕毁
vi. 撕碎
They may be shredding documents.
他们也许正在粉碎那些文件。
Cut the cabbage into fine long shreds.
把这棵卷心菜切成细长条。
There is not a shred of truth in the story.
这个故事没有一点真实性。
shove
vt. 挤;强使;撞;猛推
n. 推;挤
He shoved her out of the way.
他把她推开。
We shoved a copy of the newsletter beneath their door.
我们在他们的门下塞了一份时事通讯。
if push comes to shove
情况不妙时
If push comes to shove, if you should lose your case in the court, what will you do?
如果情况不妙,你在法庭上输了官司,你会怎么办?
mash
n. 饲料;糊状物;麦芽浆
vt. 捣碎;调情
It was mixed every day into the pigs’ mash.
它每天都被掺在猪饲料里。
We boil and mash them and cover them in butter, or we cut them into strips, deep-fry them and cover them with salt.
我们将它们煮熟、捣碎,淋上黄油,或是把它们切成条,油炸,撒上盐。


考考你:

翻译

1.你的整洁和条理性给我留下了非常深刻的印象。

2.他说没有一丁点儿支持这些说法的证据。

3.用叉子把这些香蕉捣成糊。

上期答案
1.The child tripped up and fell.
2.It is important to recognize jealousy and to nip it in the bud before it gets out of hand.
3.I think it was really one of the best kept secrets.

分享到
重点单词
  • budn. 芽,花蕾 vi. 发芽,萌芽 vt. 使发芽
  • bracev. 使防备,支撑,拉紧,使绷紧 n. 支柱,托架,支架
  • tidyadj. 整齐的,整洁的,相当大的 vt. 使整洁,整理
  • shoven. 推,挤 v. 推挤,放置,撞
  • mashn. 麦芽浆,糊状物,土豆泥 v. 把 ... 捣成糊状
  • controln. 克制,控制,管制,操作装置 vt. 控制,掌管,支
  • particularadj. 特殊的,特别的,特定的,挑剔的 n. 个别项目
  • jealousyn. 妒忌
  • havenn. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,
  • recognizevt. 认出,认可,承认,意识到,表示感激