影视剧中的职场美语 第38期:端茶送水
日期:2014-02-18 16:57

(单词翻译:单击)

经典再现

Hello?
喂?
Andrea, Miranda decided to kill the autumn jacket story for September and she is pulling up the Sedona shoot from October.
安吉丽雅,马琳达决定取消9月的秋季夹克衫并提前10月的赛多娜的设计。
You need to come into the office right this second and pick up her coffee order on the way.
你立即回办公室,路上也把咖啡买来。
Now?
现在?
Now,get a pen and write this down.
没错,再拿纸笔把这个记下来。
I want one no-foam skimmed latte with an extra shot and three drip coffees with room for milk.
我要一份大杯没奶泡的低脂拿铁咖啡、三杯冲泡的咖啡,之后加奶
Searing hot. And I mean hot.
要滚烫的,一定要滚烫的。
Where are you?
你在哪儿?
Oh, I'm almost there.
我就快到了。
Shoot! Oh!
该死!
Is there some reason that my office isn't here?
为什么我还没看到我的咖啡?
Has she died or something?
她死了还是怎么了?
No.God.Oh. Bloody time.
哦,太慢了。
I hope you know that this is a very difficult job.
我希望你知道这是份苦差事儿。
For which you are totally wrong.
你完全错了。
And if you mess up,my head is on the chopping block.
而且你要知道,拿到失职会送我上断头台的。
Now,hangt that up.Don't just fling it anywhere.
把那挂起来,别随便乱扔。

身临其境练一练

本段对话选自The Devil Wears Prada,《时尚女魔头》

职场美语

Can you run some errands for me?I am going into a meeting.
你能帮我处理点儿杂事吗?我正要去开会。
Sure,just write them down.
当然。要我干什么写下来就行了。

Good,you're here.
太好了,你来了。
Not good at all.I'm kept occupied by the interview.Can you run some errands for me?
一点都不好。我为采访忙得不可开交。你能帮我处理点儿杂事吗?

精讲部分

Can you help me with some mundane tasks?
Can you run some errands for me?
Run errands即“处理日常杂事”,errand在办公室泛指影印,会议记录,端茶送水,帮老板寄送邮件包裹等跑腿的差事,也可以称之为:clerical work(行政工作)。如果一些小事自己处理不便,可以找相关人员寻求帮助:Can you run some errands for me?而总是跑腿的人则被称为:errand boy(跟班小弟)。

分享到
重点单词
  • occupiedadj. 已占用的;使用中的;无空闲的 v. 占有(oc
  • blockn. 街区,木块,石块 n. 阻塞(物), 障碍(物)
  • dripn. 滴,点滴,乏味的人,水滴 v. 滴下,漏水
  • interviewn. 接见,会见,面试,面谈 vt. 接见,采访,对 .
  • mundaneadj. 平凡的,世俗的,宇宙的