影视剧中的职场美语 第34期:打印复印
日期:2014-02-12 16:06

(单词翻译:单击)

经典再现

Uh, Rach, we're running low on resumes over here.
呃,瑞秋,履历表快用完了。
Do you really want a job with Popular Mechanics?
你真的想到《大众机械师》上班吗?
Well, if you're gonna work for mechanics, those are the ones to work for.
如果你真想为技工工作,那倒是可以试试这些。
Hey, look, you guys, I'm going for anything here, OK? I cannot be a waitress anymore, I mean it.
嘿,各位,这些我什么都得试试,好么?我不能再当服务生了,我是说真的。
I'm sick of the lousy tips, I'm sick of being called 'Excuse me...'
我厌倦了微薄小费,我也厌倦了别人对我说麻烦一下…
Paper cut paper cut!
裁纸刀,裁纸刀!
Here.
这儿呢。
Grapefruit Juice Grapefruit Juice!
柚子汁,柚子汁!
Okay,you guys,we are almost done.Only 20 more to go.
好的,伙计们,差不多了,只剩20份了。
Rach, did you proofread these?
瑞秋,这些你已校对过了吗?
Uh... yeah, why?
呃,对,有问题吗?
Uh, nothing, I'm sure they'll be impressed with your excellent compuper skills.
呃,没事,他们对你的电脑技巧一定印象深刻。
Oh my Goood! Oh, do you think it's on all of them?
哦,天哪!哦,每一份上面都这样吗?
Oh no, I'm sure the Xerox machine caught a few.
哦,没有,复印机弄坏一些了。

身临其境练一练

本段对话选自Friends,《老友记》


职场美语
I can't make photocopies right now. The xerox machine is all jacker up.
我现在没办法复印东西。复印机已经整个卡住了。
Is it?I'll ask the maintenance personnel to take a look at it right away.
是吗?我立马焦维修的人来看一下。
Make three copies of this contract and send two right away to our clients.
把这个合同印三份,两份立即寄给客户。
I'd like to help,but the xerox machine is all jacker up at the moment.
我乐意效劳,但是复印机现在卡住了。

精讲部分

Paper is stuck in the photocopier.
The xerox machine is all jacker up.
Xerox(施乐)是美国家喻户晓的影印机品牌,后来在美语中逐渐成了影印机的代名词。Xerox既可以作名词指施乐或其他品牌的复印机,也可以作动词,指复印的动作。复印机卡纸了,就可以说: The xerox machine is all jacker up.

分享到
重点单词
  • maintenancen. 维护,保持,维修,生活费用 n. 供给,抚养; 主
  • mechanicsn. 力学,机械学,(技术的,操作的)过程,手法
  • popularadj. 流行的,大众的,通俗的,受欢迎的
  • impressedadj. 外加的;印象深刻的;了不起的;受感动的
  • personneln. 职员,人事部门
  • contractn. 合同,契约,婚约,合约 v. 订合同,缩短,缩小,