影视剧中的职场美语 第6期:谈论薪酬
日期:2013-12-23 16:44

(单词翻译:单击)

经典再现

"You'll let me know, Jay"? What do you mean?
给我答复,你这是什么意思?
Yeah, I'll give you a call tomorrow sometime...
我明天会打给你。
What are you talking? You hounded me for this.
你在说什么?你一直缠着我。?
You stood here... Listen, there's no salary.
听着,实习期没有薪水。
No. I was not aware of that.
我并不知道。
My circumstances have changed some...
我很缺钱。
...and I need to be certain that I'll be... All right. Okay.
我得确定一定会被…好吧。
Tonight.
今晚给我答覆。
I swear I will fill your spot. I promise.
我保证你以后会被正式录用。
If you back out, you know what I'll look like to the partners?
你知道如果自己临阵脱逃会害我被股东们怎么看?
Yes, an ass... A-hole.
蠢蛋。
Yeah, an ass A-hole, all the way.
没错,不折不扣的蠢蛋
You are a piece of work.
你真不是盖的。
Tonight.
今晚。
There was no salary.
没有薪水。
Not even a reasonable promise of a job.
不能保证能被录用。
One intern was hired at the end of the program from a pool of 20.
二十名实习生要抢一个工作职位。
And if you weren't that guy...
如果你没有雀屏中选。
you couldn't even apply the six months' training to another brokerage.
这6个月的培训在其他经纪公司也不适用。
The only resource I would have for six months...
这半年我只能靠那6台扫描机。
would be my six scanners, which I could still try to sell.
我还是可以试着卖出去.
If I sold them all, maybe we might get by.
如果全都卖出去就能勉强过活。

身临其境练一练

本段对话选自The Pursuit of Happiness,《当幸福来敲门》

职场美语

Let's talk numbers.We can start you at 15 an hour,plus benefits.
咱们来谈你的薪酬待遇吧。我们可以提供每小时15美元的待遇,外加福利。

Sounds good.When do I start?
听起来不错。我什么时候上班?

Your plan is impressive.Let's talk numbers.Can we afford it?
你的计划非常精彩,我们谈谈钱吧。我们能承担得起吗?

Totally.The plan is very cost-effective.
完全可以,这个计划非常经济划算。

精讲部分

虽然越来越多的企业开业可以直截了当地讨论工资的相关事宜:Let's discuss your salary/compensations.但是如果还是觉得当面negotiate工资在语言上过于直接,可以用numbers来指代包括薪酬在内的一切跟金钱有关的数字。

分享到
重点单词
  • impressiveadj. 给人深刻印象的
  • reasonableadj. 合理的,适度的,通情达理的
  • certainadj. 确定的,必然的,特定的 pron. 某几个,某