听电影《楚门的世界》学英语第16期:大西洋城
日期:2013-01-04 10:48

(单词翻译:单击)


原文欣赏

You're upset because you want to go to Fiji?

你去不成斐济所以生气?

okay, go.

好,去吧。

l think you should save for a few months, and then go.

存一笔钱然后再去。

Are you happy now?

高兴了吗?

Let's go now.

现在就去。

Early bird gathers no moss, rolling stone catches the worm.

滚石生瑷,早起鸟儿没虫吃。

Truman, what are you doing?

你在做什么?

Truman.

楚门。

Where shall we go?

去哪儿呢?

l guess l'm being spontaneous.

不晓得,我随便开。

Somebody help me! l'm being spontaneous!

救命,我随便乱开。

Forget Fiji. We can't drive to Fiji, can we?

我们开车是无法到达斐济没错。

What about Atlantic City?

大西洋城呢?

No, you hate to gamble.

你又不爱赌,没错。

That's right, l do. But l never have.

你去干嘛呢?

So why would you want To go there?

我没去过,这样才好玩。

And that's why people go places.

这就是为什么人们去的地方。

l think l'm going to throw up. Me, too.

我快吐了,我也是。

Blocked at every turn.

到处都塞车。

Beautifully synchronised, don't you think?

配合得真好。

You're blaming me for the traffic? Should l?

塞车也要怪我?不应该吗?

Truman, let's go home.

回家吧。

You're right. We could be stuck here for hours.

对,我们可能塞很久。

lt'll be like this all the way to Atlantic City. Let's go back.

一路塞到大西洋城,回去吧。

l'm sorry. l don't know what got into me.

抱歉,我有点反常。

Can you please slow down?

请你开慢点。

妙语佳句

1.upset

vt. 使心烦;颠覆;扰乱

vi. 翻倒

adj. 心烦的;混乱的;弄翻的

n. 混乱;翻倒

This tells your partner that, regardless of how upset you are with him or her, you still want to be in the relationship.

这样会告诉你的伴侣,不论今天和他或她在一起多么沮丧,你仍然希望继续与他相爱下去。

2.gathers

n. 碎褶;密褶(gather的复数)

v. 收集;积聚(gather的第三人称单数)

A good mental guideline is "who needs this information, who gathers and delivers it, when or how often do they need it, and in what form will I give it to them.

一个不错的指导方针是“谁需要这个信息,谁收集和传递它,他们什么时候以及多频繁需要它,我应该以什么样的形式把它传递给他们。”

3.spontaneous

自发的;自然的;无意识的

Spontaneous creation is the reason there is something rather than nothing, why the universe exists, why we exist.

自然创造就是事物存在的原因,也是为什么宇宙会存在、我们会存在的原因。

4.throw up

呕吐;抛起

For whatever reason, there are many people who love to force themselves to throw up.

不管出于什么原因,有许多人喜欢强迫自己呕吐出来。

5.synchronise

vi. 同步;同时发生

vt. 使同步;使同时发生(等于synchronize)

I shouldn't have to synchronise my cellphone with my PC when in Bluetooth range—it should just happen.

当我的手机和电脑在蓝牙作用范围时,我不必手动同步其中内容-这一切应该刚刚自动完成。

考考你 (请翻译)

1.滚石生瑷,早起鸟儿没虫吃。

2.我们可能塞很久。

上期参考答案

1.Why does he want to go to Chicago?

2.Are you listening to a word l'm saying?


分享到
重点单词
  • gamblev. 赌博,投机,孤注一掷 n. 赌博,冒险
  • mentaladj. 精神的,脑力的,精神错乱的 n. 精神病患者
  • partnern. 搭档,伙伴,合伙人 v. 同 ... 合作,做 .
  • rangen. 范围,行列,射程,山脉,一系列 v. 排列,归类于
  • gatherv. 聚集,聚拢,集合 n. 集合,聚集
  • wormn. 虫,蠕虫 v. 蠕动,驱虫,慢慢探听出 n.
  • upsetadj. 心烦的,苦恼的,不安的 v. 推翻,翻倒,扰乱
  • universen. 宇宙,万物,世界
  • spontaneousadj. 自发的,自然产生的