欧美名人演讲(MP3+中英字幕) 第17期:艾玛沃特森达沃斯世界经济论坛HeForShe演讲(1)
日期:2016-01-13 09:27

(单词翻译:单击)

Since the HeForShe launch in New York last September,

自9月份HeForShe在纽约发起以来,

I think it would be fair to say that my colleagues and I have been stunned by the response.

我觉得,说句实话,我和我的同事们被大家的回应震惊了。

The HeForShe conference was watched over 11 million times, sparking 1.2 billion social media conversations, culminating in the HeForShe hashtag becoming so popular that Twitter painted it on the walls of its headquarters.

HeForShe会议有超过1100万的浏览量,引起了12亿的社交网站讨论量,HeForShe的话题是如此流行,以至于推特把它漆在了总部的墙上。

艾玛沃特森达沃斯世界经济论坛HeForShe演讲.jpg

And men from almost every country in the world signed up to our commitment.

并且 世界上几乎每一个国家的男性都在我们的倡议下签名了。

Everyone, from Desmond Tutu to Prince Harry

每一个人 从涂德民到哈利王子,

Everyone, from Desmond Tutu to Prince Harry to Hillary Clinton to Yoko Ono

从希拉里·克林顿到到小野洋子,

have issued their support or contacted us since September 20.

都在9月20日之后对我们表示了支持或与我们取得了联系。

Everything from marathons being run, merchandise being created, 15-year-old boys writing to national newspapers deploring female discrimination, young girls collecting hundreds of signatures it's all happened in the last four months.

一切相关的活动,马拉松赛的举办 周边商品的设计,15岁的男孩子写信给全国发行的报纸谴责对女性的歧视,少女们收集成百上千的签名,以上的一切都发生在近四个月内。

I couldn't have dreamed it, but it's happened.

我梦寐却从未奢求这一切,可它确确实实地发生了。

Thank you so much.

真的非常感谢大家。

Thank you so much for watching and thank you so much for your support.

非常感谢大家观看之前的演讲 也非常感谢大家对我们工作的支持。

So what is Impact 10x10x10?

所以什么是影响力10x10x10?

It's about engaging governments, businesses, and universities and having them make concrete commitments to gender equality.

这个活动是要政府 商业机构和大学参与进来,并且对性别平等有一些脚踏实地的贡献。

But I want to hear from the human beings that are behind these organisations.

但我想听一听这些组织背后那些个体们的声音。

I spoke about some of my story in September.

我在9月份讲了一些我自己的故事。

What are your stories?

你们有哪些故事呢?

Girls, who have been your mentors?

女生们,谁引你走上这条路?

Parents, did you make sure you treated your children equally?

家长们,你们能否保证自己平等地对待自己每一个孩子?

If so, how have you done it?

如果能,你们是如何做到的?

Husbands, have you been supporting your female partner privately so that she can fulfill her dreams too?

为人夫君者 你们是否曾默默支持自己的女性伴侣,让她们的梦想也得以实现?

分享到
重点单词
  • discriminationn. 歧视,辨别力,识别
  • engagingadj. 动人的,迷人的,有魅力的
  • merchandisen. 商品,货物 v. 经营,推销,销售,经商
  • impactn. 冲击(力), 冲突,影响(力) vt. 挤入,压紧
  • socialadj. 社会的,社交的 n. 社交聚会
  • responsen. 回答,响应,反应,答复 n. [宗]答复语,
  • commitmentn. 承诺,保证; 确定,实行
  • concreteadj. 具体的,实质性的,混凝土的 n. 水泥,混凝土
  • popularadj. 流行的,大众的,通俗的,受欢迎的
  • conferencen. 会议,会谈,讨论会,协商会