(单词翻译:单击)
原文欣赏
One new message.
您有一条留言 。
Hello Miles.It's Maya.Thanks for your letter.
你好,迈尔斯 。我是玛雅 。谢谢你的信 。
I- I would have called sooner but I think I needed some time to think about everything that happened and what you wrote to me.
我,我应该早点打电话给你的,但我需要些时间想一想已经发生的一切和还有你写给我的东西 。
Another reason um I didn't call you sooner is because I wanted to finish your book which I finally did last night.
还有一个原因,是我没有早点打是因为我想读完你的小说,我昨晚终于读完了 。
And I think it's really lovely Miles.You're so good with words.
我真的认为很棒,迈尔斯 。你用词很娴熟.
Who caresif it's not getting published?There are so many beautifuland ...painful things about it.
谁在乎到底有没有被出版啊?里面有很多很美...很伤感的东西 。
Did you really go through all that?Must have been awful.
你真的都经历过吗?一定很痛苦 。
And the sister character...geez what a wreck.
还有姐姐那个任务...天哪,真是落魄 。
But I have to say that well I was really confused by the ending.
但是我得说,结尾让人很迷惑 。
I mean did the fatherfinally commit suicide or that?It's driving me crazy.
我的意思是那个父亲到底是自杀了还是怎么回事了?都让我想疯了 。
Anyway...it's turned cold and rainy here lately...but I like winter.
反正...这里最近变冷了,经常下雨...但是我喜欢冬天 。
So listen if you ever do decide to comeup here again you should let me know.
恩,听着,如果你还想过来的话,你应该告诉我一声 。
I would say stop by the restaurant but to tell you the truth I'm not sure how much longer I'm gonna be working there...
我是说去我们餐厅,不过说实话我也不知道我还会在那里工作多久 。 。 。
because I'm going to graduate soon.So I'll probably want to relocate.I mean we'll see.
因为我快毕业了 。所以可能我会换个地方 。我是说,再看吧 。
Anyway like I said I really loved your novel.
反正,就像我说的,我真的很喜欢你的小说
Don't give up Miles.Keep writing.I hope you're well.Bye.
别放弃,迈尔斯 。继续写下去 。希望你一切都好 。再见 。
妙语佳句
Unusual
adj.不常见的,不普通的,难得的,罕有的;
异乎寻常的,例外的,奇异的;独特的;与众不同的
They have replanted many areas with rare and unusual plants...
他们在许多地方重新种上了珍稀植物 。
He was an unusual man with great business talents.
此人不同凡响,具有异常敏锐的商业头脑 。
------------------------------------------------------
Delicious
adj.美味的,可口的;有趣的;;喷香
There's always a wide selection of delicious meals to choose from...
总是有很多美味可口的饭菜可供选择 。
There is a delicious irony in all this.
这一切中包含了一种绝妙的讽刺 。
------------------------------------------------------
At random
任意地,随便地;信;横七竖八;胡乱
International crises never flare up at random.
国际危机从来不是随随便便爆发的 。
------------------------------------------------------
Carryings-on
n.愚行,轻率的行为
Did you hear the carryings-on next door last night?
你听见没听见昨晚隔壁闹翻天了?
红酒品尝编辑
第二套
1. 观其色泽--将酒倒在高脚杯中,握着杯脚,看其色泽 。
2. 闻其香味--轻摇酒杯让香气释放出来,闻其散发的香味 。
3. 品尝--啜饮一小口,让酒在舌尖溶动,感觉其味道及酸甜度 。
考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.
A:本期答案见下期
上期答案:
1.This chocolate sample is definitely the most delicious one.
这款巧克力卡无疑是其中最美味的 。
2.What if you bought and sold at random?
如果你随意买卖,结果又会如何?