(单词翻译:单击)
原文欣赏
So, uh, how long have you been into wine?
你迷上葡萄酒已经多久了?
I got serious about seven years ago.
我从七年前开始疯狂迷上
And what was the bottle that did it? - '88 Sassicaia.
是哪一瓶让你开始喜欢的? -88年的萨西开亚
Ah.! Well, congratulations. - Mmm.
恭喜你,
Yeah. - That's very good.Well... - That would do it. Yeah.
那真是一瓶好酒 - 很容易让人迷上
Oh, wow, that's nice. That's very good. We need to give it a minute, but that's really tasty. How about you?
非常好,非常好喝.我们需要给它一分钟 但是真的非常好喝.你觉得呢?
I think they overdid it a little. Too much alcohol. It overwhelms the fruit.
我觉得有点过头了.酒精太多,盖过了果实的味道
Yeah. Yeah. I'd say you're right on the money.Very good. Nice.
是,你是对的,完全正确 非常好.很好
Thank you.
谢谢你
Mmm! Is that Stephanie's kid? - Oh. Yeah. That's Siena.
这是史黛芬妮的小孩吗? - 是,她叫席娜,她真是个小甜心
Oh, she's a sweetie. - Cute. Cute. Where is she?
很可爱,她现在在哪?
She's at her grandmother's.Steph's mom. She spends a lot of time over there.You got kids?
和外婆在一起,史黛芬妮的妈妈 她常常住那里.你有孩子吗?
Uh, me? No. No.No, I'd just fuck 'em up.
我?没有,没有,我会把他们都带坏的 。
No, that was the one unpolluted part of my divorce... no kids.
那是我离婚比较单纯的一部份 没有小孩
Yeah. Same here. - Good.
我也是 -很好
Let's go in there.
我们进去吧
Looks like our friends are really hitting it off.
我们的朋友好像很合得来
Yeah, I would say that.Yeah.
是,你说的可对了
So, what's your novel about?
你写的小说是有关什么的?
What's my... Oh, brother. Well, it's, uh... it's difficult to summarize.
我的小说吗?天啊.要简单的敘述有点难
Um...it starts out as a kind of first-person narrative about a guy taking care of his father after a stroke.
一开始是以第一人称的敘述.有关一个男人照顾他 中风爸爸的故事
Oh. - It's kind of based on, uh, personal experience. But only... only loosely.
其中有一些是个人经验 但是只有一点点
What's the title? - The Day After Yesterday.
-书名是什么 -《昨天过后日》
Oh. You mean today.
就是今天的意思
Um... uh, yeah. I mean, r-right. But it's more...
是,是没错,但是它更…
So it's about, like, death and mortality, or...
是有关死亡与面对死亡,或是…
Uh, yeah... Y... Not really. I, uh... It de... It jumps around a lot.
是…但不全然是,内容跳来跳去的 就是这个意思
That's what it's about, in a way. You know what I mean?
你知道我的意思吗?
You start to see everything from the point of view of the father. And, uh, a lot of other things happen... parallel narratives.
是从父亲的角度看事情 然后很多事情就发生了
It's kind of a mess. And then, eventually, the whole thing sort of evolves or devolves into this sort of Robbe-Grillet mystery. You know?
并行敘述,感觉有点乱乱的.最后,整个故事发展到 或者说沦落到…像是某种罗勃格里耶之谜
But no real resolution.
但是没有真正的结局
Well, I think it's really great you're getting it published.Really. I mean, I know how hard it is just to write it, even.
我觉得你能出版真的很棒.真的,我知道这有多难 光写就很难了
Yeah. - I mean, like me, I've got this paper due on Friday and I'm freaked out about it, just like in high school.
是的 。 - 就像我,我星期五有个报告要交…我现在很紧张,就像在高中时一样
- A paper, huh? - Yeah. I'm going for a master's degree in horticulture. Sorta chipping away on it.
报告,是吗?.我正在攻读园艺方面的硕士学位.一点一点慢慢读
Horticulture? Really?I didn't even know that there was a college here.
园艺?真的吗?我还不知道这里有大学
Well, I commute to San Luis Obispo twice a week.
我一个星期有两天会去 加州综合理工州立大学
Horticulture? Wow. So, do you want to work in a winery or something? - Maybe.
园艺,真不错.那你是想在葡萄酒业工作吗? - 也许
So when can I read your book?
我什么时候可以读你的书?
Well, l... You know, l... Well, I do happen to have a manuscript in my car.
我刚好有一份打字稿在车上
Um, it's not proofed or anything... so it's... it's full of typos.
还没校稿,所以有一堆错字 如果你不介意错字的话
If you don't mind typos... - Oh, no. Who cares? I'm the queen of typos.
不,谁会介意 我是个错字女王
Okay.
好吧
妙语佳句
Deepen (pp. & pt. deepened)
vt.& vi.变深,加深;低沉
vt.加浓
Surviving tough times can really deepen your relationship.
共度患难能够切实地加深你们之间的关系 。
He did not get a chance to deepen his knowledge of Poland.
他没有机会更深入地了解波兰 。
When you are ready to finish the exercise, gradually deepen your breathing.
准备结束练习时,要慢慢地深呼吸 。
------------------------------------------------------
Center on(=focus on)
以…为中心;重点在于…,主要与…有关
Muscovites cooling down at the all-russia exhibition center on wednesday.
周三,莫斯科市民在全俄展览中心戏水纳凉 。
贮藏知识
最佳温度
通常贮存葡萄酒的最佳温度为摄氏10°C,一般来说,摄氏7至18°C的温度也不会有损害
储存葡萄酒的温度最好要保持恒定,需要尽量避免短期的温度波动 。通常温度越高,酒的熟化越快;温度低时,酒的成长就会较慢 。
考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.
1.American officials _____ any such apology was given.
美国官方则全盘否任何道歉行为 。
2.Having just or recently arisen or _____.
刚刚、最近才兴起或存在的 。
A:本期答案见下期
上期答案:
1.Credit tightness and political indecisiveness will (deepen) the gloom.
信贷紧缩和政治不决会加深不景气 。
2.This article mainly develops (center on) three issues.
文章主要是围绕着三个问题而展开的 。