(单词翻译:单击)
Conversation 4
A: Good morning, madam. Anything I can do for you?
A:早上好,女士,有什么能效劳的吗?
B: Can you suggest a toy for a three-year0old boy? I've got to buy a birthday present for my friends' son.
B:你可以建议一分送给3岁小孩的玩具给我吗?我要买一份生日礼物送给朋友的儿子。
A: Well, how about this wooden rocking horse? I'm sure he'll enjoy riding on it.
A:这个摇动木马怎样?我想他一定会喜欢骑的。
B: It's interesting. But it's too heavy to carry.
B:很有趣,但这东西拿起来太沉了。
A: We can have it delivered, madam.
A:我们可以安排送货的,女士。
B: No, thanks. I need something which can be picked up right away.
B:不用了,谢谢,我想要一些能立刻取走的东西。
A: Then would you like this model lorry? It's operated by batteries and can carry light things such as rubbers and pencils.
A:那你喜欢这架模型货车吗?这是用电池推动的,而且可承载轻巧的东西如橡皮及钱币。
B: It's cute, but is it safe?
B:很可爱,但安全吗?
A: Sure, madam. It meets international safety standards. You can see, the edge is round and the car speed is low.
当然,女士。 这模型车是符合国际安全标准的。你看,车边是圆的,而且车速也不快。
B: Then I'll take it. Please give me a new one.
B:那么我就买这个,请给我一个新的。
A: Here you are, madam.
A:给你,女士。
B: (Examines the toy) There is a scratch on it.
B:(检查玩具)上面有道划痕。
A: Just a minute, madam. I'll change it for you right away... Here's a new one. Please double check it.
A:请稍等,我理科给你换另一个……这是新的,请你再检查一下。
B: This one is perfect. Where shall I pay?
B:这儿完全没问题。我应该在哪儿付款?
A: The cashier is just over there, madam.
A:收银处就在那边,女士。