一分钟英语(视频+文本) 第169期:Wires Crossed
日期:2017-06-02 06:17

(单词翻译:单击)

 MP3点击下载

视频文本如下:

Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
Wires are thin, metal threads that are used in many electrical devices.
电线是指很多电子设备中使用的细长的金属线条。
Wires Crossed
一团乱麻,相互误解

Hey, Jonathan. Thaks for working my shift in the studio tomorrow night.
嘿,乔纳森。谢谢你明晚跟我换班工作。

169.jpg

What are you talking about? I have plans tomorrow night.
你说什么?我明天晚上有安排了。
But I thought you said you would switch days with me?
可是我以为你愿意跟我换班?
And I thought you meant next week.
我以为你说的是下周呢。
We got our wires crossed. I'll make other arrangements.
我们都误解了。我再另做安排吧。
When people get their "wires crossed," they have a different unerstanding of the same situation.
人们“wires crossed”的时候,就意味着他们对同一种情况有不同的理解。
The expression comes from older telephone systems that use wires.
这个表达源自古老的使用电线的电话系统。
With these phones, you might hear another conversation on the same line.
用这种电话,你可能会听到同一条线上别人的对话。
The situation was called "crossed wires."
这种情况就叫做“crossed wires”。
And that's English in a Minute!
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》栏目!

分享到