一分钟英语(视频+文本) 第111期:Face the Music!
日期:2016-01-25 15:37

(单词翻译:单击)

 MP3点击下载

视频文本如下:

Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
You probably enjoy listening to music.
你可能喜欢听音乐。
You might even enjoy playing music.
你甚至可能还喜欢演奏音乐。
But what does this mean?
但是,这个短语是什么意思呢?
Face the Music
面对现实

Face the Music!

Anna? Anna? Is that you?
安娜?安娜?是你吗?
Why are you hiding?
你为什么要躲躲藏藏的?
Shhh, I'm hiding from Ashley.
嘘,我在躲艾希莉。
Why?
为什么啊?
You know her favorite plant.
你知道她最喜欢的那株植物吧。
I forgot to water it while she was away.
她不在的时候我忘记浇水了。
Oh, that's dead.
哦,植物死了。
It's time you faced the music and told her.
是时候面对现实,告诉她把。
Yeah, Anna. It's time to “face the music.”
是的安娜。是时候“面对现实”了。
This expression means to accept the results of your actions,even if the results are unpleasant.
这个短语的意思是接受因你的行为而带来的结果,尽管这个结果不令人愉快。
In Anna's case,it means to accept responsibility for killing my favorite plant.
在安娜这个例子中,这个短语的意思是承担责任因为杀死了我最喜欢的植物。
And that's English in a Minute!
这就是今天的《一分钟英语》!

分享到