一分钟英语(视频+文本) 第161期:Keep you on your toes
日期:2017-04-06 06:10

(单词翻译:单击)

 MP3点击下载

视频文本如下:

Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
We have already learned the expression "tiptoe around something," which means to avoid directly expressing something.
我们已经学过了“tiptoe around something”这个表达,意思是避免直接表达某事。
Keep you on your toes
保持警惕

161.jpg

Does this idiom have a similar meaning?
这个习语也是相似的意思吗?
How do you like your new Arabic class?
你觉得你的新阿拉伯语课怎么样?
Oh, it's tough! The teacher gives us so many unexpected tests.
哦,太难了!老师经常出其不意地搞测试。
Wow, your class sounds tough!
哇哦,你的课听起来好难呀!
Yeah, but it keeps you on your toes.
是的,不过它能让你保持警惕。
Yo have to be prepared for each and every class.
每节课你都必须准备好。
If something "keeps you on your toes," it keeps you alert, aware and ready to act.
如果某件事“Keep you on your toes”,就表明它让你很警惕,能意识到并随时准备行动。
A person can begin to run or jump more quickly and easily if their weight is on their toes.
如果人的重量都在脚指头上,那么他就可以跑或跳的更快更容易。
That is where this expression comes from.
这就是这个表达的来源。
And that's English in a Minute!
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》栏目!

分享到