听电影《罗马假日》学英语第24期:赏脸跟我跳舞吗?
日期:2012-10-23 19:58

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

Mr Bradley, if you don't mind my saying so, I think you're a ringer.
若你不介意,我觉得你是个饼印。  
A what? Oh, thanks very much.
饼印?过奖了。  
You've spent the whole day doing things I've always wanted to. Why?
你陪了我一整天,为什么?  
It seemed the thing to do.
这是该做的事。  
I've never heard of anybody so kind.
我从未见过你这种大好人。  
It wasn't any trouble.
小意思。  
Or so completely unselfish.
你实在慷慨无私。  
Let's have a drink at the bar.
我们去酒吧喝东西。  
There you are.
你来了。  
I look for you a long time. I think maybe you not come.
我四处找你,以为你不会来。  
Off, all off! It's nice without, isn't it? Cool.
剪掉了,不蓄胡子更好吧。 
Oh, very good. This is Mr Bradley.
很好,这位是布利先生。  
I Mario Delani.
我是马里奥狄兰。  
Old friends? Yes, he cut my hair.
老朋友?他替我剪发。  
He invited me here tonight.
是他邀请我来这舞会的。  
What was your name? Mario Delani.
你的名字?马里奥狄兰。  
Mario Delani. I'm very glad to know you.
马里奥狄兰,很高兴认识你。  
Me too.
幸会。  
Oh, may I enjoy myself the pleasure?
赏脸跟我跳舞吗?  
You mind? Go right ahead.
你不介意吧?随便。  
I thank you.
谢谢。  
Did I miss anything? You're just in time.
我错过了什么?你来得合时。  
Who's Smitty dancing with? Her barber.
她在跟谁跳舞?她的理发师。  
He cut her hair this afternoon, made a date for tonight.
今午他替她剪发,还请她来舞会。  
The princess and the barber?
公主和理发师?
妙语佳句
1.ringer
套环,投环;按铃者;敲钟者
Asking yourself where you last saw the phone and praying that its ringer is not set to silent.
你会责问自己最后一次是在哪里看见手机,还祈祷手机的铃声没有设为静音模式。
2.unselfish
无私的,慷慨的
Not just that, but Japanese, including the young, have proved over the last week how disciplined, and unselfish, they can still be.
不仅如此,包括年轻人在内的全体日本人在过去这两周用行动证明了他们仍然可以做到自律和无私。
3.all off
全部关闭
You have to be thick-skinned enough to shrug it all off and continue to forge ahead.
你得脸皮够厚,把这一切抛诸脑后,然后不断开拓进取。
4.princess
公主;王妃;女巨头
I'm sorry to say I have to hold the ball back for half an hour, Princess Diana will join us.
很抱歉,我必须把舞会开始的时间推迟半个小时,黛安娜公主要来参加我们的舞会。
考考你 (请翻译)
1.你陪了我一整天。 
2.今午他替她剪发,还请她来舞会。
上期参考答案
1.the chances of it being granted are very slight.
2.At midnight I'll turn into a pumpkin and drive away in my glass slipper.

分享到
重点单词
  • shrugn. 耸肩 v. 耸肩
  • slightadj. 轻微的,微小的,纤细的,脆弱的 vt. 轻视,
  • forgevt. 伪造,锻造 vi. 伪造,在铁匠铺工作 n. 锻
  • disciplinedadj. 受过训练的,遵守纪律的 动词disciplin
  • unselfishadj. 无私的