听电影《罗马假日》学英语第21期:超级大话精
日期:2012-10-16 21:28

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

I'm going straight from now on.
从今天起我会循规蹈矩。  
News Service? What did he mean?
记者?他是什么意思?  
Oh, you say you're with the press and you can get away with anything.
自认是记者,那就无往而不利。  
Going to church to get married on a scooter! Joe's a wonderful liar.
开车赶去教堂结婚,你这大话精。  
Congratulations!
恭喜你们。  
Don't look so worried, I won't hold you to it.
别担心,我不会叫你娶我。  
Thank you very much.
感激不浅。  
Don't be too grateful.
别这么说。  
OK, I won't.
好了,我说错了。  
I'm a good liar too, aren't I?
我是个大话精,是吗?  
The best I ever met. Thank you very much.
超级大话精,过奖了。  
Say. Come with me.
跟我来。  
The Mouth of Truth.
真实之口。  
The legend is, if you're a liar and you put your hand in there.
传说若你说谎,把手放进去的话。  
it'll be bitten off.
它会咬断你的手。  
What a horrid idea. Let's see you do it.
真可怕,你试试看。  
妙语佳句
1.straight
adj. 直的;连续的;笔直的;正直的;整齐的
adv. 直接地;不断地;立即;坦率地
n. 直;直线
He brushed straight by without even looking at me.
他径直擦身而过,甚至不看我一眼。
2.get away with
侥幸成功,侥幸逃脱
With all due respect, at some other places you get away with performances that simply aren't good enough.
在有些地方,仅仅由于表现不够好你就得离开。 在利物浦,你的水平每周都需要提高。
3.liar
说谎的人
He said to the boy, "If you are a liar, you will let me down.
他对男孩说:“如果你是一个说谎的人,那么你会使我失望的。
4.legend
传奇;说明;图例;刻印文字
So I imagined such a hero, one who had no choice but to try to live up to the legend because otherwise the people looking to him for hope would be truly lost.
所以我幻想着这么一位英雄,他没有选择,只能尝试达到传说中的那种境界,因为要不然那些视他为希望的民众真的就会迷失方向。
考考你 (请翻译)
1.从今天起我会循规蹈矩。  
2.传说若你说谎,把手放进去的话。
上期参考答案
1.Would you like a cigarette?
2.I'll stretch my legs a little.

分享到
重点单词
  • gratefuladj. 感激的,感谢的
  • liarn. 说谎者
  • stretchn. 伸展,张开 adj. 可伸缩的 v. 伸展,张开,
  • legendn. 传说,传奇