听电影《罗马假日》学英语第12期:愿为你做牛做马
日期:2012-09-22 19:10

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

Can't use it, huh? I didn't think you'd like it.
不行?早知道你会不喜欢这主意。  
Come here.
快回来。  
Love angle too, I suppose? Practically all love angle.
还有爱情观? 当然了。  
With pictures?
有图为证?  
Could be. How much?
可能,多少钱?  
That particular story would be worth five grand to any news service.
任何报馆都会出价五千美元。  
But tell me, Mr Bradley, if you are sober,
但告诉我,若你清醒的话。  
how you are going to obtain this fantastic interview.
你怎么做到这个独家专访?  
I'll enter her sick room disguised as a thermometer.
我会扮鬼扮马潜进她的病房。  
You said five grand? I want you to shake on that.
你说是五千元?那握手为实。  
You realise she's in bed and leaves for Athens tomorrow?
你可知道她明天要去雅典? 
Yes. I'd like to make a little side bet.
我知道,我想附加打赌。  
Five hundred says you don't come up with the story.
赌五百元你做不到这专访。  
What are you looking at that for? Just want to see what day it is.
你在看什么?看今天是哪天。  
It's a deal. Now I'd like you to shake.
一言为定 ,那握手为实。  
You're into me for about $500 now.
这五百元你输定的了。  
When you lose this bet, you'll owe me $1,000.
要是你真的输了,就欠我一千元。  
You poor sucker, I'll practically own you.
笨蛋,你注定为我做牛做马。
You practically have for a couple of years but that's all over.
我本来要熬多两年,但时来运转。  
I'm going to win that money and buy a one-way ticket back to New York.
我会赢钱,买单程机票回纽约。  
Go on, I love to hear you whine.
走吧,我爱听你抱怨。  
When I'm back in a real newsroom, I'll think of you.
待我另谋高就时,我会想起你。  
sitting here with an empty leash and nobody to twitch for you.
呆坐在这里,没人再听你使唤。  
So long, pigeon.
再见,笨蛋。
妙语佳句
1.Practically
实际地;几乎;事实上
The object of this society is to perfect its members practically and scientifically.
这个社团的目的是实际地、科学地及充分地指导其成员。
2.particular
adj. 特别的;详细的;独有的;挑剔的
n. 详细说明;个别项目
The scientists doing the experiment have pounced on the effect of the particular moment.
做实验的科学家们抓住了这个特殊时机的效果。
3.thermometer
温度计;体温计
Which brings us back, most likely, to odd rounding behavior within the thermometer instrument.
很可能这让我们想到 温度计仪器内部的不正常的舍入行为。
4.a couple of
三两个…;一对…
We briefly mention a couple of complex methods, but then go into details about the simplest method.
我们简单地提到了几个复杂的方法,然后详细地介绍一个最简单的方法。
考考你 (请翻译)
1.任何报馆都会出价五千美元。
2.待我另谋高就时,我会想起你。

上期参考答案
1.nobody goes in and nobody goes out.
2.I'm talking about her views on everything.

分享到
重点单词
  • interviewn. 接见,会见,面试,面谈 vt. 接见,采访,对 .
  • instrumentn. 乐器,工具,仪器,器械
  • soberadj. 清醒的,沉着冷静的,稳重的,颜色暗淡的 vt.
  • complexadj. 复杂的,复合的,合成的 n. 复合体,综合体,
  • thermometern. 温度计
  • obtainvt. 获得,得到 vi. 通用,流行,存在
  • whinen. 抱怨,牢骚 v. 哭诉,发牢骚
  • particularadj. 特殊的,特别的,特定的,挑剔的 n. 个别项目
  • fantasticadj. 极好的,难以置信的,奇异的,幻想的