2013年12月英语六级(第3套)听力真题 长对话(1)
日期:2015-12-16 13:27

(单词翻译:单击)

Hello, Patrick. Is that you?
嗨,帕特里克,是你吗?
Yeah, Jane. What can I do for you?
是啊,简,有什么事吗?
I was calling about the apple tree that you were trimming yesterday.
我打电话来想跟你谈谈关于你昨天修剪的那棵苹果树的事儿。
That was hard work!
那是一项困难的工作!
I'm sure it was. It truly looked difficult.
我想肯定是,看起来真的很有难度。
Yeah, I'm glad it's finished.
是啊,我很高兴已经完成了。
Hauling the branches to the front for garbage pick-up was no fun either.
将树枝拖到房子前面好让垃圾车载走也不是什么好玩儿的事。
Well, I don't think you're quite finished yet.
好吧,我觉得你还有事没完成。
Some of the larger branches fell over into my yard, and I think you should come and get them.
有一些较大的树枝落到了我的院子里,我想你应该过来把它们拿走。
Listen, Jane. I don't see why I should do that.
简,听着,我不明白我为什么要这么做。
You've eaten all the apples that fall in your yard and you've never complained about that before.
你吃掉了所有落在你院子里的苹果,你也从来没有抱怨过那个。
Well, it's easier to pick up apples than to drag tree branches all the way to the curb.
嗯,捡苹果比起把树枝一路拖到路边要简单得多。
My kids pick up the apples, and the branches are just too big for them to drag.
我的孩子们把苹果捡了起来,但是树枝太大了,他们根本拖不动。
Well, I guess you'll just have to do it yourself, Jane.
好吧,简,我想这件事只能由你自己来做了。
Patrick, I wish you would reconsider.
帕特里克,我希望你重新考虑一下。
We've always gotten along fairly well, but I think you're out of line here.
我们一直相处得很好,但这件事上我觉得你有点出格了。
The branches are your responsibility.
清理树枝是你的责任。
Sorry, Jane. I disagree.
对不起,简,我不这么认为。
You take the benefits of the apple tree, but refuse to deal with the bad side of it.
你得了这棵苹果树的好处,却不愿处理它的麻烦事儿。
Besides, it won't take you any time to get the branches out front.
还有,把树枝清到外面根本花不了你多少时间。
Get the branches off my property or I'll have to sue you.
把树枝从我这儿清理出去,否则我会告你。
Yeah? For what? You're taking those law classes too seriously!
是吗?为什么?你把那些法律课看得太认真了!
I've gotta go. I have to pick up my son.
我得走了。我要去接我儿子了。
You'll be hearing from me.
你会好好听我讲的。
Yeah, yeah. See you in court, Jane.
是啊,是啊。简,法庭上见。

分享到
重点单词
  • refusev. 拒绝 n. 垃圾,废物 adj. 无用的
  • propertyn. 财产,所有物,性质,地产,道具
  • fell动词fall的过去式 n. 兽皮 vt. 砍伐,击倒 a
  • suevt. 控告,起诉 vi. 请求,追求,起诉
  • disagreev. 不一致,有分歧,不适应,不适宜
  • curbn. 抑制,勒马绳,边石,路缘 vt. 抑制,束缚,牵(
  • reconsiderv. 重新考虑,再斟酌