听电影《楚门的世界》学英语第22期:克里斯托就是一个骗子
日期:2013-04-20 16:58

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

We accept the reality of the world with which we're presented.
每个人都会接受眼前的现实
It's as simple as that.
就是那么简单
The Hague for Christof. Hello..
海牙的观众,你好
The Hague ..
海牙观众
All right, let's goto Hollywood, California.
讯号中断,加州好莱坞
Hi, christof. I'd just Like to say one thing.
这是“真情对话”
You're a liar and amanipulator, and what you've done to Truman is sick.
我只想说一句话你是个骗子,你的作为太可恶
Well, we remember this voice, don't we?
大家都记得这声音
How could we forget?
怎么忘得了?
Let's go to another call.
我们接另一个电话
No, no. lt's fine,Mike.
不用,没关系
l love to reminisce with former members of the cast.
我想和前任演员叙叙旧
Sylvia, as you announced so melodramatically to the world ...
丝薇亚,你这样公然吵吵闹闹
Do you think because you batted your eyes at Truman once,
你以为你曾经向楚门抛过媚眼
flirted with him,stole a few minutes of air time –
和他合演过几场戏
to thrust your politics into the limelight, that you know him?
就算得上很了解他?
That you know what's right for him?
知道什么对他最好吗?
Are you in aposition to judge him?
你有资格批评他吗?
What right do you have to turn a baby's life into a mockery?.
你无权把一个生命 当成一场秀
Don't you ever feel guilty?.

没罪恶感吗?

I have given Truman the chance to lead a normal life.

我让他过正常生活

The world, the place you live in,is the sick place.
你们住的世界很可怕
Seahaven is the way the world should be.
海景镇才是理想国度
He's a prisoner,not a performer.
他不是演员,而是囚犯
lf his was more than a vague ambition, if he was determined
他如果决心要查出真相
to discover the truth, there's no way we could prevent him.
谁也阻止不了他
l think what distresses you, really, caller, -
我认为你会感到愤怒
is that,ultimately, Truman prefers his cell, as you call it.
是因为他宁愿住在 你所谓的“牢里”
That's where you'reso wrong.
你错了,大错特错
And he'll prove you wrong.
他会证明的
These heated comments aside,
除了少数人的反对
it's been a very positive experience.
这仍是很正面的经验
For Truman and for the viewers.
对楚门和大众都是如此
Thank you for your time.
谢谢你在百忙之中接受访问
Now that this crisis is behind us, -
危机已解除,他也恢复正常
can we look forward to some exciting new developments?
未来有更精彩的发展吗?
The big news is;Meryl will leave Truman in an up coming episode.
大消息是梅莉将离开楚门
A neaw romantic interest will be introduced.
他将有新的对象
l'm determined that TV's first on-air conception will take place.
我决定现场转播性交过程
Another television milestone.
另一个电视里程碑即将出现
lt has been a singular honour and a pleasure.
这是我的荣幸
Christof, thank you.
谢谢你,谢谢.


妙语佳句
1.reminisce

vt. 追忆说
vi. 回忆

I don't like reminiscing because it makes me feel old.
我不喜欢回忆旧事,因为这让我觉得我老了。

2.ultimately

adv. 最后;根本;基本上
Ultimately, however, neither of these approaches was what we needed.
然而,这两个办法最终都不是我们所需要的。

3.look forward to

盼望,期待
He now says that he's looking forward to increased trade after the war.
他现在说他正期盼着战后的贸易增长。


剧情百科


丝薇亚打电话来节目组,想痛斥克里斯托一顿,但是却被克里斯托反身质问,可是为楚门打包不平的却只有丝薇亚一个,丝薇亚心有余而力不足的感觉油然而起,真希望楚门能看穿一切,尽早逃出这被监狱一般的生活……

考考你 Q&A
Please fill in the blanks with the proper word

1.The codification of the Civil Code is a _______ in our country legal science.
民法典的编纂可以说是我国法学界里程碑式的事件之一

2.He was ______ ______ ______ working with the new manager.
他很期待和新经理一起工作。


本期答案见下期

上期答案:

1.Children can drown in just a few inches deep water

2.The team was crippled by his absence

分享到
重点单词
  • ultimatelyadv. 最后,最终
  • romanticadj. 浪漫的 n. 浪漫的人
  • ambitionn. 雄心,野心,抱负,精力 vt. 有 ... 野心,
  • preventv. 预防,防止
  • coden. 码,密码,法规,准则 vt. 把 ... 编码,制
  • liarn. 说谎者
  • episoden. 插曲,一段情节,片段,轶事
  • determinedadj. 坚毅的,下定决心的
  • conceptionn. 概念,观念,构想,怀孕
  • minutesn. 会议记录,(复数)分钟