听电影《楚门的世界》学英语第12期:上帝的杰作
日期:2012-12-27 18:04

(单词翻译:单击)


原文欣赏

l went all over. Never found a place like this, though.

到处都去过,还是这里最好。

Look at that sunset. lt's perfect.

看看日落,太完美了。

That's the big guy.

上帝的杰作。

Quite a paintbrush he's got.

简直是鬼斧神工,没错。

Just between you and me, Marlon.

别告诉别人。

l'm going away for a while.

我要离开一阵子。

Really?

真的?真的?

Litle Angel.

小天使。

My litle clown.

我的小宝贝。

old carrot-top.

像根红萝蔔。

The best photos.

好棒的照片。

We should be geting you home.

你该回家了。

Here's us at Mt. Rushmore.

等等,这是在拉什莫尔山。

You slept the whole way there.

开了好久的车,你一路睡到底。

Do you remember, Truman?

那时候你爸爸还在?

lt looks so small.

看起来好小。

Things do, when you look back.

小时候什么都很大。

Look, Truman. The happiest day of our lives.

我们一生最快乐的日子。

Look! Jean, Jodie, Joanne.

你看,琴儿、裘蒂、琼安。

Doesn't she look beautiful?

她好美?

Well, she still does.

她还是很美。

There's room for baby photos.

还有很多空页放婴儿照片。

l want to hold a grandchild before l go.

希望我死前能抱到孙子。

We really should get you home.

我们真的该送你回去了。

No, you stay. Relax.

你待在家,好好休息。

Your favourite show is coming on.

你最爱看的节目要开始了。

And we have something to discuss.

况且,我们有事要谈。

A certain person's birthday.

关于某个人的生日。

oh, l see.

原来如此。

妙语佳句

1.paintbrush

画笔;漆刷

To move forward, once you decide that proper changes in the paintbrush file can achieve the desired effect, you should make a copy of this file and rename it.

要继续前进,一旦您确定在这个画笔文件中的适当更改能够获得理想的效果,就应该复制该文件并重新命名。

2.happiest

幸福的;快乐的

I think, with him, those were the happiest moments of my childhood.

我想,和他在一起的那些时刻,是我童年最快乐的时光。

3.grandchild

孙子;孙女;外孙;外孙女

There she chatted, on speaker-phone, to her faraway mother, who said, of course, that it would be better if her daughter and grandchild stayed safe in the south.

她在厂里用免提电话跟远方的母亲聊天。 当然了,她母亲说,如果女儿和外孙能够平安地呆在南方,那样更好。

4.come on

快点;开始;要求;上演;跟着来;突然产生

“But you must come on Saturday,” she said; “for then the king and queen will take tea with me.

“不过你在星期六一定要到这儿来,”她说。 “那时国王和王后将会来和我一起吃茶!

5.certain

adj. 某一;必然的;确信;无疑的;有把握的

pron. 某些;某几个

Any liquid could be solidified under the certain conditions.

任何液体在一定条件下均可固化。

考考你 (请翻译)

1.我要离开一阵子。

2.你最爱看的节目要开始了。

上期参考答案

1.The people on the elevator.

2.your whole life has been building toward something?


分享到
重点单词
  • liquidadj. 液体的,液态的 n. 液体
  • elevatorn. 电梯,飞机升降舵,斗式皮带输送机
  • certainadj. 确定的,必然的,特定的 pron. 某几个,某
  • achievev. 完成,达到,实现