听电影《楚门的世界》学英语第07期:环游世界一年
日期:2012-12-13 16:12

(单词翻译:单击)


原文欣赏

You're soaked. Where have you been?

你湿透了,你上哪儿去了?  

We can scrape together 8,000.You and Marlon.

我们只要凑足八千元,你和马龙在一起。 

We can bum around the world.

就能环游世界一年。

And then what?truman? We'd be where we were 5 years ago.

然后就会像五年前那样 一无所有。  

You're talking like a teenager.

别像个莽撞少年。  

Maybe l feel like a teenager.

或许我的心境像少年。  

We have mortgage payments.

我们有房屋贷款以及汽车贷款。  

Do we just walk away from our obligations?

怎么能说走就走?  

lt would be an adventure.

会很刺激的。  

We were going to try for a baby.

我们不是说好要生孩子吗? 

lsn't that enough of an adventure?

那也够刺激了吧。  

That can wait.l want to get away.

我想先到外面走走。  

See some of the world. Explore!

去见识一下,去探险。  

You want to be an explorer.

你想当探险家?  

This will pass.

你很快就会打消这念头。  

We all think like this now and then.

大家都有过这种冲动。  

Let's get you out of these wet clothes.

把湿衣服脱掉。  

Come to bed.

上床吧。  

You never see anything.

你什么都看不到。  

They always turn the camera and play music.

镜头总会被移开 然后就播音乐。  

The wind blows, the curtain moves. You don't see anything.

精彩的画面都看不到。  

Dog Fancy'', please.

“狗迷”杂志,好的。  

Thank you.

谢谢。  

Paper, Earl, please.

来份早报,老厄。  

l might as well get one of these.

顺便买份时装杂志。  

For the wife? She's got to have them.

老婆要的,少不得。  

Anything else, Truman? That's the whole ball of wax.

还要什么?就这些了。  

Catch you later.

回头见。

妙语佳句

1.scrape

n. 刮掉;擦痕;困境;刮擦声

vt. 刮;擦伤;挖成

vi. 刮掉;刮出刺耳声

Other options to restore the frescoes would have required using chemicals to remove the unwanted layer or using physical means to scrape it off.

然而,其他修复壁画的方法则需要用化学药品来除去那些多余的覆盖层,或者用物理方法将其刮落。

2.teenager

十几岁的青少年;十三岁到十九岁的少年

Since his parents died early, he had to earn his own living when he was a teenager.

因双亲早亡, 他十几岁的时候就不得不独自谋生。

3.obligations

义务;债务;承付款项(obligation的复数)

I too have responsibilities and obligations that transcend my profession, be it the law or journalism.

我也一样有比我的职业更重要的责任和义务,不管是法律还是新闻业。

4.now and then

偶尔;有时

Now and then I have tested my seeing friends to discover what they see.

我有时试探视力正常的朋友,想弄清楚他们看见了些什么。

5.curtain

n. 幕;窗帘

vt. 遮蔽;装上门帘

Hearing someone come in, he hid himself behind the curtain.

听见有人进来了,他一闪身藏在了窗帘的后面。

考考你 (请翻译)

1.别像个莽撞少年。  

2.顺便买份时装杂志。

上期参考答案

1.You should try stocking vending machines.

2.Bonus time is just around the corner.


分享到
重点单词
  • removev. 消除,除去,脱掉,搬迁 n. 去除,间距
  • curtainn. 窗帘,门帘,幕(布) vt. (用帘)装饰,(以帘
  • transcendv. 超越,胜过
  • bonusn. 奖金,红利
  • obligationn. 义务,责任
  • soakedadj. 湿透的 动词soak的过去式和过去分词
  • restorevt. 恢复,修复,使复原
  • layern. 层 vi. 分层 vt. 将某物堆积成层 n
  • waxn. 蜡,蜂蜡 vt. (用蜡)涂 vi. 变大,增大
  • unwantedadj. 不必要的,空闲的