星级饭店英语口语附字幕 Unit10:pays his rent
日期:2009-10-23 17:15

(单词翻译:单击)

Lesson One

第一课

Paying By Credit Card

用信用卡结账

G:Hello.I've come to pay my bill.

旅客:您好,我来结账。

C:Okay.Just a moment please.Let me get our copy...

出纳员:好的。请稍等,我拿一下我们的账单。

will that be cash or charge?

请问是付现金还是记账?

G:Charge.I'll put it on my American Express./I'll pay by American Express.

旅客:记账。请计入我的运通卡。

C:Okay.By the way,

出纳员:好的,顺便说一下,

there's a 4% merchant commission you must pay if you use a credit card.

如果您使用信用卡就需要付4%的商业佣金。

G:Who gets the 4%?

旅客:是付给谁的?

C:The Bank of China.

出纳员:中国银行。

We defray this charge when you pay your sundry fees bill,

在您付杂费的同时我们要支付这笔费用,

but I'm afraid we must add it to the rental.

但是恐怕我们必须把它纳入租金内。

G:Hmm.Okay.

旅客:嗯,好吧。

C:That will be a total of $5,972.00.May I have your card,please?

出纳员:总计是5972.00美元,请给我您的信用卡好吗?

G:Here you are.

旅客:给你。

C:Thank you...(imprints card)Would you sign here,please?

出纳员:谢谢......(刷卡)您能在这儿签字吗?

Thank you.Here's your card and your copy.

谢谢,这是您的信用卡和给您的一份账单。

G:Thank you.(starts to leave)

旅客:谢谢你。(客人准备离开)

C:Just a moment,please,let me give you your receipt.

出纳员:请稍等,给您收据。

Lesson Two

第二课

Telling Guest which Cards We Honor

告诉客人我们所认可的信用卡

C:Will that be cash or charge?

出纳员:您付现金还是记账?

G:Which cards do you honor?

旅客:你们认可哪些信用卡?

C:Master Card,Visa,Diner's Club,American Express and JCB.

出纳员:万事达卡、Visa卡、打莱卡、美国运通卡和日本JCB卡.

G:Do you take Discovery?

旅客:你们认可Discovery卡吗?

C:No.I'm afraid we don't.

出纳员:不,对不起,我们不使用。

G:In that case,I'll put it on my Diner's Club.

旅客:这样的话,请记入我的打莱卡内。

Lesson Three

第三课

Paying Cash in U.S. Dollars

用美元现金结账

C:Will that be cash or charge?

出纳员:请问您是付现金还是记账?

G:Cash.

旅客:付现金。

C:Renminbi,or U.S.dollars?

出纳员:是人民币还是美元?

G:Dollars.

旅客:美元。

C:Okay.By the way,

出纳员:好的,顺便说一下,

there's a 3% handling charge for paying U.S.dollars in cash.

用美元现金结账要加收3%的手续费。

G:What?!That's absurd.Why is there a handling charge for cash?

旅客:什么?这太奇怪了为什么付现金还要加手续费?

C:The bank adds a 3% service charge for every transaction involving cash in U.S. dollars.

出纳员:银行要加收3%的手续费对任何美元现金交易

It's a charge for using their services.

这是他们收取的手续费。

G:I've never heard of such a thing!

旅客:我还从未听说过这样的事情!

All right,then,add it if you must.

如果你们必须加收3%的服务费,那就加收吧。

C:That will be $546.

出纳员:总共是546美元。

G:Okay.Here's $550.

旅客:好吧,这是550美元。

C:(counts it twice.)I'm sorry.

出纳员:(出纳数了两遍钱)对不起,

I think this is short $10.I only come up with $540.

我想您少给了10美元,我数只有540美元。

Could you count it again,please.

请您再数一遍,好吗?

G:Hmm,all right.

旅客:嗯,好吧。

Let me see...(counts it once,frowns,counts it again.)

让我看看......(数了一遍,皱皱眉,又数了一遍)

I guess you're right.Sorry.Here you are.(Add another $10)

我想你是对的。对不起,给你。(又给了10美元)

C:That's all right.(counts it again)$550.

出纳员:没关系。(又数了一遍)是550美元。

Here's your charge,please check it/please count it(to make sure it's right).

这是找给您的零钱,请点清/请数好(以确定无误)。

And here's your receipt.

这是给您的收据。

C:Excuse me.I think you gave me too much.This is over by $10.

出纳员:对不起,您给我的钱多了10美元。

G:Are you sure?

旅客:你能肯定吗?

C:Yes.I counted it three times.

出纳员:是的,我数过三遍了。

There were two bills stuck together.New bills are difficult to count.

两张粘在一起,新票难捻开。

Here you are.

给您。

G:Well,thank you.

旅客:好吧,谢谢。

Lesson Four

第四课

Calling Guest about Overdue Bill

电话通知客人关于逾期未付账事宜

G:Hello?

旅客:喂?

C:Good evening,this is Cecilia Bi from the Finance Department.

店员:晚上好,我是财务部的Cecilia Bi,

I'm calling about your rent bill

我想和您谈一下租金的事情,

which has been outstanding since the first of the month.

您的租金已于本月1日起逾期未付了。

Normally your company wires us your rent payment on time,

通常你们公司都是按时电汇租金的

but for some reason we have not received this month's rent payment yet.

但是不知道是什么原因,我们还没有收到本月的租金。

I was concerned because starting on the 15th which is tomorrow,

我很担心,因为超过明天即15日

we will have to add interest charges accruing from the first of this month when the bill was due.

我们要增收从本月1日开始的利息。

G:And what is the interest rate?

旅客:请问利率是多少?

C:0.5%(Zero Point five percent).

店员:是0.5%。

G:Okay,thank you for calling.I'll be down tomorrow to take care of it.

旅客:好吧,谢谢你打电话来通知我。我明天下楼付租金。

Lesson Five

第五课

Guest requires about Interest Charge Debit Notice

客人询问有关利息欠单事宜

C:Good morning,can I help you?

店员:早晨好,您有什么事吗?

G:Yes.I received this debit notice.What is this all about?

旅客:是的,我收到这份欠款通知单,请问它是关于什么的欠款单?

C:Oh,this is for the interest charge on your rental which has been outstanding since the first of the month.

店员:这是由于您逾期未付租金而加收利息的通知单自本月1日开始。

After the 15th when your account has been in arrears for more than two weeks,

过了本月15日后,你已经欠款超过两个星期了,

we begin to charge you interest starting from the first,when the bill was due.

我们开始加收自本月1日账单到期时起的利息。

G:Well,I had no idea my room bill wasn't paid this month.

旅客:噢,我并不知道本月租金未付。

My company usually wires the payment to you directly.Isn't that right?

通常不是由我公司直接将租金电汇给.你们的吗?

C:Yes.Usually they send the payment on time,

店员:是的,通常他们都会按时结账的,

but this month we haven't received your room-payment to date.

但是直到现在为止我们还未收到您本月的租金。

Perhaps you could contact them about it.

也许您可以和他们联系一下。

G:Yes,well,I certainly will.

旅客:是的,好吧。我的确要和他们联系一下。

G:I spoke to my company's headquarters in New York

旅客:我已和公司驻纽约的总部通过话了。

It seems the secretary who's in charge of wiring my rent was on vacation last week.

好像是由于负责电汇给我租金的秘书上星期度假去了

They're taking care of it now.

所以现在他们正在办理此事。

You should have the money in a day or two.

你们应该能在一两天内收到这笔租金。

Since this is the first time this has ever happened,

由于此事是第一次发生,

do you think it would be possible to waive the interest charge this time?

你们是否考虑免收这次的利息。

C:I'm afraid I'll have to speak to our manager about that.

店员:恐怕我需要和我们经理商谈一下。

Just a moment,please.

请您稍等。

G:...Our manager said that since your company has had a good record of timely payment up till now,

旅客:我们的经理说由于你们公司到现在为止租金的交纳都很及时,

he thinks we can agree to that,but just this once!

他认为我们可以同意免收这次的利息,但是下不为例

G:Thank you.I understand.

旅客:谢谢您,我知道。

I'll make sure my office in New York is more careful about it in the future.

我保证我们在纽约的公司今后将会谨慎处理此事的。

Thank you for understanding.

多谢您的理解。

C:You're welcome.

店员:不必客气。

Lesson Six

第六课

Question about Billing Dates

有关付账日期的问题

C:(smiling)Good morning,may I help you?

店员:(微笑)早晨好,您有什么事吗?

G:Yes,I have a question about my bill.

旅客:是的,我想问一个有关帐单的问题。

I was charged from March 10 till March 31.

我支付的的帐是从3月10日算起的,

Why did you bill me for less than a month?

你们为什么不让我付一整月的帐?

I thought you would bill be from March 10 to April 10.

我认为你们应该让我支付3月10日到4月10日的账目。

C:Our billing system is set up from the 1st to the 31st of each month,

店员:我们是依据每月1日到31日的方式来建帐的。

or we bill you on the last day of your first month

第一个月,我们在月底

for whatever portion of that month you stayed here/you used the room.

按照自您起租日到月底的天数收费。

or for whatever portion of that month you used the room.

或者按您使用这个房间天数收费。

分享到
重点单词
  • creditn. 信用,荣誉,贷款,学分,赞扬,赊欠,贷方 (复)c
  • havenn. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,
  • timelyadj. 及时的,适时的 adv. 及时的
  • absurdadj. 荒唐的 n. 荒唐
  • portionn. 部分,份,命运,分担的责任
  • concernedadj. 担忧的,关心的
  • commissionn. 委员会,委托,委任,佣金,犯罪 vt. 委任,委托
  • paymentn. 支付,付款,报偿,报应
  • spokev. 说,说话,演说
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为