新概念早读英语初中版(MP3+中英字幕) 第60期:我心目中的英雄
日期:2016-03-25 15:08

(单词翻译:单击)

My Hero

我心目中的英雄

My father was my hero,throughout my life.

我父亲是我的英雄,在我一生从未改变。

The father of eight children,he saw his share of strife.

身为八个孩子的父亲,他清楚自己的重任。

xgn60.jpg


When I was very little,he appeared to be so large.

但我还是小不点,他显得是如此高大。

He was a man of great strength both physically and in the mind,

他的身心都蕴藏着无穷的力量,

but in him there was gentleness,he found ways to be outgoing and kind.

但他也温柔,能让人感到他友善直爽。

Many days of childhood were greeted with a kiss,

儿时的许多清晨,我都被他的亲吻

and songs to me as I awoke,those days I surely miss.

和歌声唤醒,那些日子令我怀念万分。

I knew I had my father's love.It gave me courage to do anything.

我知道我拥有父亲的爱这爱给我勇气去做,去闯。

From him I learned to stand up tall, to be proud of who I am.

从他那里我学会了昂首挺胸,为自己骄傲。

Strength and deter- mination were the qualities of this fine man.

力量和决心大造出了这位优秀的男人。

As the years of his life dwindled that strength kept him alive.

虽然日渐衰老,但他的力量使我活力依然。

Plus the unfailing determination

还有他坚决的决心,

to help my ailing mother have the care she needed to survive.

让我体弱多病的母亲得到她需要的关爱继续留在人间。

Day and night he struggled for years with her disease.

为了她的疾病,多少年的日日夜夜他都在奋力抗争。

With illness of his own,

虽然他有自己的病痛。

he still stood by her side caring for her and loving her

但他一直守在她的身边关照她,爱她,

until the day she died.

直到她永远和上了眼。

Twenty days later his own time was at an end.

二十天后他的生命也走到了尽头。

I lost my hero,my father, a man who was my friend.

我失去了我的英雄,我的朋友。

A few years have passed, and life just isn't the same.

几年过去了,生活已是另一番风景。

But as Father's Day approaches, I will celebrate his name.

但随着父亲节的来临,我要颂扬他的美名。

For I am my father's daughter, one day we will meet again.

因为我是我父亲的女儿总有一天我们会重逢。

But until them I will remember, and the love will never end.

但在此以前我会怀念他,会永远爱他。

分享到
重点单词
  • outgoingadj. 喜欢外出的,离开的,外向的 n. 外出,开支,
  • gentlenessn. 温顺;亲切;高贵;彬彬有礼
  • survivevt. 比 ... 活得长,幸免于难,艰难度过 vi.
  • determinationn. (正式)决定,规定,决心,测定,定位
  • celebratev. 庆祝,庆贺,颂扬