新概念早读英语初中版(MP3+中英字幕) 第24期:与老外同乐
日期:2015-12-23 10:33

(单词翻译:单击)

Partying with Foreigners
与老外同乐
Partying is fun.But have you ever been invited to a party by a foreigner?
参加派对很有趣。可是,你曾被老外邀请去参加派对吗?
What should you wear?
你该穿什么样的衣服?
Should you bring anything?
你该带什么东西去吗?
If so,what?
如果要带的话,带什么?
Don't worry.
别担心。
Today we are going to give you some tips about partying with foreigners.
今天我们要给你一些提示,让你知道参加老外的派对时该怎么做。

xgn24.png


First,you should ask if it is a formal or casual party.
首先,你得问清楚这是个正式的还是非正式的派对。
Then you will know what to wear.
那么你就知道该穿什么样的服装了。
It's as simple as that.
就是那么简单。
At a casual party, it is customary to bring a bottle of wine or some other refreshment.
若是非正式的派对,习惯上是要带瓶酒或其他点心。
It is not considered polite to bring someone along with you unless you first ask your host.
带某些未经邀请的人参加是不礼貌的,除非事先问过主人。
At more formal parties like birthdays,a small gift will be sufficient.
若是比较正式的派对,如生日派对等,送个小礼物就够了,
Giving money would cause some embarrassment.
送钱会令人尴尬。
Finally,never overstay your welcome.
最后要注意的是,千万别逗留过久而生厌。
When it's getting late,it's time to thank you host for a wonderful evening and say good night.
时候不早时,你就该向主人致谢并告诉你度过了一个美好的夜晚,然后说声晚安道别。

分享到
重点单词
  • embarrassmentn. 困窘,尴尬,困难
  • sufficientadj. 足够的,充分的
  • customaryadj. 习惯的,惯例的