第68篇:勿以貌取人
日期:2015-05-12 16:17

(单词翻译:单击)

Lesson 68 Don't Judge a Book by Its Cover
第68课 勿以貌取人

Lily is talking to her singer friend, Chad.
莉莉正在和她当歌手的朋友查德聊天。
L: Chad, what a lucky guy you are!
莉莉:查德,你真是个幸运的家伙!
C: What do you mean?
查德:怎么说呢?
L: Well, you've got everything a person could ask for: a lovely family, money and fame.
莉莉:嗯,你已经有了一个人所能希求的一切:一个美满的家庭,财富和名声
C: Nothing's as wonderful as it seems.
查德:事情并不像表面看来那么美好。
L: But such a successful man as you must surely be happy.
莉莉:但是像你这么成功的人一定很快乐。
C: Not really, I'm so busy that I don't live a normal life.
查德:不见得。我忙得生活作息都不正常。
L: Anyway, I wouldn't mind being in your shoes.
莉莉:不管怎么说,要我换作是你那样我也不反对。
C: And I would love to be able to live as simple a life as you do.
查德:而我非常希望能过和你一样单纯的生活。
L: I guess you should never judge a book by its cover.
莉莉:我想我们不应该以貌取人。
C: How right you are!
查德:你说的对极了!

分享到