(单词翻译:单击)
视听原文
Perhaps we could have another try.
也许我们可以再试一次
If you’re willing to re-employ me, that is.
如果你能再雇佣我的话
I will give you one more chance.
我可以再给你一次机会
Hey!
嗨!
I want a word with you.
我有话跟你说
Last night you got completely drunk again.
昨晚你又喝醉了
My other masters, they fine me
我其他的主人 他们给我发工钱了
one week pay if I blind drunk,
我要喝得烂醉,就是付了一周的
two week pay if I blind, legless drunk.
要是醉的走不动,就是两周的
I blind drunk two time a month regular,
我一个月定期的烂醉两次
so very cheap cook.
工资很低的
Fair enough.
明白了
Wait.
等一下
Do you play croquet?
你打槌球吗?
No.
不
Help me reload, would you?
帮我装火药 好吗?
I’m clearing the jungle for a croquet lawn
我要清除这片丛林 建个槌球草坪
for when Cecil, my daughter, comes out.
我女儿赛希尔就要来了
It’s much quicker than a working party from the jail.
这样做要比工作队来的快
Aggie Bullard, Henry’s wife.
安琪.布拉德 亨利的妻子
You must be Truscott.
你一定是托斯卡
How are you getting on with Henry’s damn fool tests?
亨利的笨蛋测试进行的怎样了?
I think next I have to wrestle a crocodile.
我想下次我必须跟鳄鱼摔跤了
重点讲解
重点单词:
1、completely
adv. 完全地,彻底地;完整地
He completely dominates the family.
这个家完全由他做主。
2、legless
adj. 无腿的;醉醺醺的
But which four-legged relatives and their family traits led the transition for legless snakes?
但是,哪种具有四肢的近亲及其特征导致了向无四肢的蛇的进化呢?
3、wrestle
n. 摔跤;搏斗;斗争
vi. 摔跤;斗争;斟酌
They taught me to wrestle.
他们教我去摔跤。
4、reload
vi. 重新装;再装填弹药
vt. 再装
She reloaded the gun as quickly as she could.
她以最快的速度再次给枪装上子弹。
重点短语:
1、get on with
vt. 在…获得成功,于…友好相处;继续干
Does she get on with your aunt?
她与你的姨母相处得如何?
考考你(翻译):
1、他被他的对手彻底打败了。
2、我们只得用力地从那个男子怀里把孩子夺过来。
3、继续做你的家庭作业!
答案下期公布:
上期答案:
1、There have been some ugly scenes.
2、It is our belief that improvements in health care will lead to a stronger, more prosperous economy.
3、She was shut away and forbidden to read.