点滴英语天天学第344期:雅思词汇(204)
日期:2020-07-08 11:35

(单词翻译:单击)

1. Expression:knock on wood

Explanation:Said as a wish for good luck. (老天保佑,祈求好运

Example: I knock on wood when I wish something were true.

当我希望有些事情是真的时,我祈求老天保佑。

——I hope that I can pass the exam, knock on wood.——Take it easy, honey.

——真希望我能通过期末考试,老天保佑。—— 放松点,宝贝。

I've been driving for 36 years and have never been in an accident. Knock on wood!

我已经开了36年车了,从来没有出过事故,上帝保佑!

Hopefully, knock on wood, we'll continue to avoid sickness this winter.

上帝保佑,希望我们今年冬天继续不生病。

I'm devastated. One of my old friends was just diagnosed with cancer. It was so unexpected. He seemed so healthy. I just pray nothing like that ever happens to my family, knock on wood.

我难过极了——我的一个老朋友刚被诊断患了癌症,真是出乎意料。他看上去非常健康,天老爷保佑,但愿这种事情不会发生在我家人身上。

2. Expression:knock out

Explanation:To eliminate from contention, as in a sports competition. (淘汰

Example:Every year, some underdog knocks out a top-seeded team.

每年都有一些不被看好的球队击败顶级种子球队。

I'd love to knock the defending champs out and it will take a miracle.

我很想在比赛中击败卫冕冠军,这将是一个奇迹。

情景对话:

A:Our boss has knocked out our original plan for the project.

我们老板把我们这个项目的原计划取消了。

B:He is so anal. But he seems to be satisfied with the second one.

他太挑剔了,但他似乎对第二个很满意。

A:You can count on it.

你尽管放心。

3. Expression:talk crap

Explanation:废话,胡说八道

Example:He doesn't think of what he is saying and often talk crap.

他说话不考虑,常常胡说八道。

"Why the hell did you bother me with your talking a load of crap?" the young man railed.

这个年轻人咆哮道:“我见了鬼才听你胡说八道!”

You are talking crap!You don't know what you're talking about.

胡说八道! 你说得太不像话了。

分享到