BEC中级真题第3辑精听:Test4-Part Three(2)
日期:2015-03-05 16:57

(单词翻译:单击)

Woman: You certainly seem to be good at the job.
你似乎很擅长这项工作。
Man: To be honest, with all the new insurance products coming out it isn't easy to keep up with them all.
老实说,随着所有新险种的推出,要跟上它们的步伐并不容易。
I have to struggle to remember everything that's available.
我必须努力记住所有可用的东西。
At least working with a computer comes fairly natural to me, so that saves time.
至少对我来说,使用电脑是很自然的事情,这样可以节省时间。
Woman: I 'm glad I don't have to deal with customers the way you do.
我很高兴我不必像你那样跟客户打交道。
I haven't got the patience.
我没有耐心。
Man: You certainly need that sometimes, when someone spends ages making up their mind, but I don't find it a problem.
有些人要花很长时间才下定决心,有时你需要有耐心,我不觉得有什么问题。
And I don't mind explaining complicated policies in simple language: it's quite a challenge.
我不介意用简单的语言来解释复杂的政策:这是一个相当大的挑战。
But there are some people I 'd much rather avoid.
但对于有些人我宁愿避开。
Unfortunately in this job, you 've got to make everyone feel you really enjoy their company.
不幸的是,在这份工作中,你必须让每个人都觉得你很享受和他们一起。
Woman: Quite frankly, the less I have to do with them the better!
坦率地说,和他们打交道越少越好!
Man: I tell you what though - in my appraisal I suggested some changes to the way I work.
但我想告诉你,我建议我的工作方式能做一些改变。
I couldn't persuade Carol to let me work fewer evenings and more on Saturdays,
我无法说服卡萝减少我的晚班时间,增加星期六的工作时间。
but at least I won't have to come into the office every day: she's letting me work from home instead.
但至少我不必每天都来办公室:她让我在家工作。
And that 'll mean I 'll waste less time travelling, so I should be able to make more commission,
那就意味着我可以少花点时间在路上,这样我就可以得到更多的佣金,
which will be a relief, as the basic salary's so low.
这样会轻松一些,同时基本工资又很低。

分享到