BEC中级真题第3辑精听:Test1-Part Three(3)
日期:2014-12-11 17:13

(单词翻译:单击)

Man: I don't agree with you, Sophie. However, I've got another idea.
索菲,我不同意你的看法,我有个想法。
Why don't we run the centre with minimum staff, no more expensive recruiting,
为什么我们不能用最少的员工来管理呢,不再需要昂贵的招聘费用,
and think about closing during the quiet times of day until the situation improves?
生意不好的时候关门,直至情况好转?
We could go on with the special offers we're running,
我们可以继续施行特别优惠,
because they bring in a few new customers, and don't cost us anything.
这些优惠活动为我们带来了一些新客户,且不需要花一分钱。
Woman: It's a thought, but I'm not sure the Board will go for it.
这只是一个想法,但我不确定董事会是否会同意。
They're really keen to sell the Nottingham centre.
他们很想卖掉诺丁汉中心。
That way they could cover their deficit and make the shareholders happy at the same time. It's an attractive solution.
这样一来,他们既可以弥补赤字,又能让股东高兴。这是一个很有吸引力的解决方案。
Man: Even if they decide to sell, they're not likely to get very much for it, are they?
即使他们决定出售,他们也不太可能得到很多,不是吗?
Not at the moment. Property values are at an all time low.
现在形势不行,资产价值一直很低。
Can't we at least try to keep the Nottingham centre operational?
难道我们连至少让诺丁汉中心继续运转的机会都没有吗?
Woman: Well, it's not going to be possible to keep it running as it is now,
嗯,不可能像现在这样,
but your idea for making savings might work.
但你的省钱想法可能会奏效。
Do you think you'd be able to get the centre to break even within say six months?
你认为你能在六个月内让中心实现收支平衡吗?
But remember, there's no extra money for major promotions.
但是要记住,没有额外资金用于大型促销。
Man: I'd like to have the chance to try, Sophie. I think I can do it, with minimal promotions. Yes.
我想试试,索菲,我想我能做到,小型促销是可以的。
Woman: Then let me have a written proposal in time for next week's Board meeting, will you?
下周董事会开会前我写一份提案,可以吗?

分享到