BEC中级真题第3辑精听:Test2-Part Three(2)
日期:2015-01-07 14:08

(单词翻译:单击)

Woman: Hm. Did it take long finding an alternative site?
嗯,另觅选址花了很长时间吗?
Man: Over a year - which looking back seems excessively long, as we only seriously considered three locations:
一年多,时间有点长,因为我们只认真考虑了三个选址:
Oxford, Ipswich - and Plymouth, which was the one we eventually chose.
我们最终选择了牛津,伊普斯维奇和普利茅斯。
All three places had a good labour supply and running costs were comparable;
这三个地方劳动力充足,运营成本还可以;
although I guess Plymouth is slightly cheaper - while being the furthest by road and rail from London.
虽然普利茅斯稍微便宜一些——但是从伦敦出发乘公路和铁路最远。
I think, in the end, we realised we could do our work just about anywhere - the data we deal with are all received and sent out via computer, after all.
最后,我们意识到任何地方都可以——毕竟我们处理的数据都是通过电脑接收和发送的。
Woman: And you were sure staff would be happy to make the commitment of moving permanently to such a nice part of the country?
你确定员工会高兴永久地搬到这么好的地方吗?
Man: Well, yes, but this is different from tourism.
嗯,确定,但是这和旅游不一样。
We rely on the expertise of specialist IT people and where we were before, there are hundreds of businesses in the same position.
我们依靠专业IT人员的专业知识,在这之前有数百家企业也选择这个地方。
We think there'll be less demand for their services here.
我们认为他们在这里的服务需求会减少。
Woman: Didn't you have to offer them more money to relocate?
你们提供更多的搬迁资金了吗?
Man: We decided on a generous relocation package, and that seemed to be enough.
我们选定了搬迁一揽子计划,资金足够了。
Woman: Are staff who relocated to your new base happy they made the move?
员工高兴搬到这里来吗?

分享到