BEC中级真题第3辑精听:Test2-Part Three(3)
日期:2015-01-09 14:16

(单词翻译:单击)

Man: So fag yes. We thought they'd be most impressed by the beautiful countryside,
是的,我们认为员工会爱上这里的,
but all they've said is how pleased they are they can now afford to move up the ladder in terms of finding a place to live -
他们表示,现在他们很高兴在寻找住所的问题上取得进展,
accommodation costs near London have shot up in recent years.
近年来,伦敦附近的住宿费用大幅上涨。
And they're finding Plymouth has the same amenities they were used to before, so no complaints there.
他们发现普利茅斯的设施和以前一样,所以没什么可抱怨的。
Woman: Did the Centre receive any local government support to relocate?
当地政府支持搬迁吗?
Man: Yes, and that was enormously useful. We didn't have to buy land from the local council,
是的,非常支持,我们不需要从市政府那里购买土地,
and our offices were purpose-built according to our specifications.
我们的办公室是根据特定用途专门建造的。
We were liable for business taxes from day one,
从第一天起,我们就缴纳营业税。
but our first rent isn't due until the site is fully developed, in about twelve months' time.
我们的第一次租金要等到土地完全开发后才到期,大约12个月后。
Woman: A big incentive, then!
那是很大的激励呢!
Man: Yes. We're very pleased we've established such a good relationship with the local government.
是的,我们很高兴与当地政府建立了良好的关系。
There's a range of generous incentives in this region, and they are available equally to local and national organisations.
这一地区给予了一系列慷慨的激励政策,对地方和国家组织同样有效。
They see us as a nationally high-profile organisation which, by moving here should attract a number of London-based companies to the region.
他们把我们看作是全国知名的组织,迁往这里应该会吸引伦敦的一些公司来到这里。
Woman: So, is there any other help available, from local business agencies, for example?
那么,有没有其他的帮助,比如当地的商业机构?
Man: We've been offered various things- one agency provided a consultant to advise us on the initial design phase.
我们收到了各种各样的建议——有一家机构给我们找了一位顾问,就初步设计给我们提出了意见。
We've just signed an agreement with the local employment agency,
我们刚刚和当地的职业介绍所签了协议,
whereby they're prepared to pay fifty percent of the cost of sending our technicians on external computer courses.
他们准备支付50%的费用让我们的技术人员学习外部计算机课程。
We could have benefited financially from another scheme if we'd been able to take on school leavers,
如果我们能雇用离校生,我们还可以从另一项计划中获得收益,
but our openings are only for experienced workers.
但我们的职位只面向有经验的工人。
Woman: Quite. Tell me about the logistics of …
恩,告诉我…的后勤情况。

分享到