BBC地平线系列之《熟食造就了人类吗》第20集:饮食推动人类的发展
日期:2015-05-09 20:23

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

My favourite dish would be anything kind of stew-y,
只要是炖菜 都是我的最爱
and the one that comes to mind
我此刻脑中闪现的是
is a Polish dish called bigos.
一道波兰菜叫酸菜烩牛肉
Roast dinner, roast chicken, I really enjoy that,
烧烤 烤鸡 我真的很喜欢这些
as well as all the roast potatoes, the vegetables.
烤土豆和蔬菜也都喜欢
It's a wholesome, traditional English meal for me.
对我来说 这都是健康的传统英式食谱
An authentic Indian curry.
一份正宗的印度咖喱饭
I love the aromatic smell, the spices
我喜欢咖喱的芳香 其特有的调味
and just the full flavour you get from a curry.
它所散发出来的所有味道我都喜欢
Can cooking really have caused us to evolve?
烹饪真的促进了人类进化吗
Professor Richard Wrangham of Harvard University
哈佛大学的理查德·朗汉教授
has a controversial new theory
提出了一个颇具争议的理论
that suggests it was not another change in the ingredients of our diet,
他认为并不是饮食结构的改变
but the way in which we prepared them that
而是食用食物的方式变化
prompted the evolution of our first truly human ancestors.
推动了最早真正人类祖先的进化

重点解释

My favourite dish would be anything kind of stew-y,and the one that comes to mind is a Polish dish called bigos.只要是炖菜都是我的最爱我此刻脑中闪现的是一道波兰菜叫酸菜烩牛肉

come to mind想到

A number of possibilities come to mind.

我脑里出现了好几种可能性。

The title just won't come to mind.

那个标题就是想不起来。

Can cooking really have caused us to evolve?烹饪真的促进了人类进化吗

cause to导致,造成,带来

What has caused you to make such a decision?

是什么让你这样决定的?

What causes you to lose your temper?

什么事会令你大发脾气?

I really enjoy that,as well as all the roast potatoes, the vegetables.我真的很喜欢这些,烤土豆和蔬菜也都喜欢

as well as 也,还,并且,和…一样;不但…而且(谓语与第一主语一致)

He is a friend in word as well as in deed.

他是个言行如一的朋友。

He shared in my sorrows as well as in my joys.

他分担我的快乐也分享我的悲伤。

分享到