BBC地平线系列之《药物依赖》第25集:治病良药
日期:2015-02-28 10:30

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

You can't do that without producing some unwanted effects.
你不可能不产生预期外效果
So then the question is,
那么问题就是
what risk are you prepared to take for what benefit.
你愿意为药物的益处承担多大的风险
Side effects are not restricted
副作用不仅仅限于
to the dangers written on the back of the packets.
包装后面写的那些
For hundreds of thousands of people,
对于成千上万的人们来说
the thing that set out to be the solution
一开始本是治病良药
has become the problem itself.
后来却成为了问题所在
I'm thinking, "Oh, lovely",
我一开始想 "真好"
then I think, "I've got to have my tablets",
后来我想"我必须吃药"
I just want this uncomfortable feeling to start going, really.
我只想让这不适的感觉消失 真的
That's all I want it to do.
这就是我想要的
These used to be my best friends.
它们曾是我最好的朋友
They're not now. I hate them.
现在不是了 我很讨厌它们
Jo Palmer is addicted to pain killers.
乔·帕姆对止痛药上瘾
It changes your personality totally.
它可以完全改变你的性格
You know ,I hated the person
我很讨厌自己用药后
that was emerging from it and I still do.
变成的那个人 现在也这样

重点解释

what risk are you prepared to take for what benefit.你愿意为药物的益处承担多大的风

prepare to准备

They prepare to project a missile.

他们准备发射飞弹。

We are not prepare to consign the goods.

我们不准备寄售此货。

the thing that set out to be the solution一开始本是治病良药

set out开始;打算

He joyfully consented and we set out.

他欣然同意,我们就出发了。

They set out on the last stage of their journey.

他们开始了旅行的最后一程。

These used to be my best friends.它们曾是我最好的朋友

used to过去常常

I weigh less than I used to.

我的体重比以前轻了。

He is used to eating out all the time.

他已经习惯在外面吃饭了。

分享到
重点单词
  • solutionn. 解答,解决办法,溶解,溶液
  • emergingvi. 浮现,(由某种状态)脱出,(事实)显现出来
  • benefitn. 利益,津贴,保险金,义卖,义演 vt. 有益于,得
  • uncomfortableadj. 不舒服的,不自在的
  • unwantedadj. 不必要的,空闲的
  • restrictedvt. 限制,约束 adj. 受限制的,有限的,保密的
  • consignv. 交付,分配,委托
  • missilen. 导弹,投射物