BBC地平线系列之《为何讲话》第45集:语言的高深
日期:2015-01-14 14:54

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

I'll do it in Catalan.
我要用加泰罗尼亚文来写
It's this ability we have to combine sounds to make new meanings
我们把声音组合起来表达新含义的能力
that means how we talk will continue to change
意味着我们的说话方式会不断改变
from generation to generation.
一代又一代地演进
That's mummy.
那是妈妈
And the fact that it's a living entity makes it so fascinating
正是这种生命力让语言变得如此迷人
but so evasive for scientists.
却也让科学家难以捉摸
We have come a long way but, at the same time,
我们做了很长时间的努力
it's really a window that has opened.
但这真的只是研究的开始
We are only beginning to get a glimpse
我们只是刚刚知道一点
of how complicated the whole process is.
这整个过程有多么复杂
Researchers are beginning to understand that,
研究者开始了解到
beyond our innate ability and our upbringing,
除了我们的天生本能与后天教养之外
there are more factors that influence why we talk.
还有很多因素影响着我们说话的原因
One area of growing consensus
在对语言生物学的理解上
in understanding the biology of language
越来越多的人赞成这一观点
is the realisation that language actually is not one monolithic thing
语言不止是一个庞大的整体
but instead is made up of multiple different components.
而是由多种不同的成份组成
Come on, 4 a pound, bananas!
看呐 香蕉四块钱一磅

重点解释

that means how we talk will continue to change意味着我们的说话方式会不断改变

continue to继续

If you continue to steal you'll end up in prison.

你要是继续行窃终归得进监狱。

The steel market will continue to be active.

钢材市场将会继续保持活跃。

We have come a long way but, at the same time我们做了很长时间的努力

come a long way有很大进步;有很大改进

We've come a long way since those early days of the project.

这项工作开始以来我们已取得很大进展。

He has come a long way in his English.

他的英语有很大的进步。

分享到
重点单词
  • complicatedadj. 复杂的,难懂的 动词complicate的过去
  • evasiveadj. 逃避的,难以捉摸的
  • monolithicadj. 独石的,完全统一的,整体的
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • multipleadj. 许多,多种多样的 n. 倍数,并联
  • fascinatingadj. 迷人的
  • combinev. 结合,联合,使结合 n. 集团,联合企业,联合收割
  • consensusn. 共识,一致,合意 n. [生理]交感
  • innateadj. 天生的,固有的
  • entityn. 存在,实体