BBC地平线系列之《长生不老》第18期:抵抗衰老的方法
日期:2013-03-25 20:32

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

It's just the realisation that things that go wrong
意识到很多部位的衰老
are part of a process, because I mean I'm watching mum ageing.
也是一个过程 因为我看着妈妈慢慢变老
I don't want to be older than Mum gets, really.
我不想比妈妈更长命 真的
I would like to live to that age, though.
不过我会愿意活到她这个年龄
What if you could have a long life and a healthy one?
人是否能健康地活到很老呢
One scientist thinks you can.
有一个科学家认为这是可能的
Dr Bill Andrews, living and working in the Nevada desert,
比尔·安德鲁医生生活工作在内达华的沙漠里
believes there is a fundamental cause of ageing,
他相信存在某个根本原因导致了衰老
and that we can deal with it.
并且我们可以设法防止
'Well, I'm 58 years old.
我今年58岁
'I don't feel 58 and I hope I never feel that age.'
我不觉得自己有58岁 希望永远不会觉得
I'm obsessed with trying to make certain that I'm around
我很沉迷于努力尝试使自己
500 years from now.
活到500年以后
And every day, today, I've got to be thinking about that,
每天 包括今天 我都在思索
doing whatever I can to do it.
尽我所能实现这个目标
What drives Bill is something his father once said to him.
比尔的动力是他父亲说过的一句话
When I was a little kid, he told me to grow up,
我小的时候 他告诉我长大以后
become a doctor and cure ageing.
要成为医生 找到抵抗衰老的方法
That's been just something I've been focused on my entire life.
这后来成了我一生的追求

重点解释

and that we can deal with it.并且我们可以设法防止

deal with:处理,对付

I have a huge pile of letters to deal with.

我有一大堆信件要处理。

I'm obsessed with trying to make certain that I'm around我很沉迷于努力尝试使自己

be obsessed with:痴迷于 ...

David was obsessed with a girl he had just met.

大卫被一个他刚刚认识的女孩迷住了。

We are obsessed with puncturing ideals.

我们心中的完美形象被戳穿了

That's been just something I've been focused on my entire life.这后来成了我一生的追求

focus on:集中在

Our policy is to focus on developing these areas.

我们的政策是着眼于把这些地区发展起来。

分享到
重点单词
  • fundamentaladj. 基本的,根本的,重要的 n. 基本原理,基础
  • certainadj. 确定的,必然的,特定的 pron. 某几个,某
  • obsessedadj. 着迷的
  • drivesn. 驱动器;驱动力;驱动程序(drive的复数形式)