看电影学英语《时空恋旅人》第12期:“重新”认识
日期:2014-03-03 18:16

(单词翻译:单击)

剧本欣赏



After you. Thanks.
- 你先请 - 谢谢
Ten minutes is long enough for any party, I think.
我想对于任何一个派对待10分钟足以
Yeah.
哦,是的
Especially that one.
特别是这个派对
Evening, all.
晚上好
God! What a dickhead.
上帝!真是个白痴!
Yeah.
是的
So, what do you do?
你是做什么的?
I'm a reader at a publisher.
我是一间出版社的审稿人
No! You read for a living?
不!你靠阅读为生?
Yes, that's it. I read.
是的,说的对,我靠阅读为生
That's so great.
哦,真是太棒了
It's like someone asking, "What do you do "for a living?" "Well, I breathe.
这就像是有人问“你靠什么为生?”“靠呼吸为生”
"I’m a breather,I get paid for breathing."
“我是个呼吸者,我靠呼吸挣钱”
How did you get that job? Okay, smart-ass, what do you do?
- 你怎么得到这份工作的? - 好吧,天才…你是做什么的?
I am a lawyer.
我是个律师
Sort of. Sort of.
算是吧
That's sexy.
好诱人
Is it? I mean, I think so.
- 是吗? - 我是说我这么认为
In a suit, in a court, saving people's lives. Kinda sexy.
身穿套装,在法庭上拯救别人的生命,有几分诱人
I guess it is. Although it's not as sexy as reading.
算是吧,但是没有阅读诱人
Sitting there in an office, in a little chair reading.
坐在办公室里,一把小座椅…读文章
Okay, stop. Ooh!
好,停
Just wait right there, mister, because a lot of books get submitted to my publisher.
先打住,先生,因为有很多书提交到我们出版社
So it's an immense responsibility. I bet it is.
- 所以那工作责任重大 - 我猜也是
But when you do normal reading,
但是当你平常读书时…
is it ruined because it's your job? You know, like prostitutes?
会不会因为你的工作而变得索然无味?就像卖淫女一样
I always worry that when they stop being prostitutes that they can't enjoy sex any more.
我总是担心她们不再做卖淫女时会不会也不再喜欢做爱
You always worry about that? No, I sometimes worry about it. Good. Okay.
- 你总是担心这些? - 不,偶尔担心
Because someone who always worried about that would be a bit of a worry.
好吧,正因为有人总是担心才会成为让人担心的问题
When you read a newspaper, do you think, "Forget this, it's work"? Have you interviewed a lot of prostitutes?
- 你读报时,你会不会想“哦, 该死,这是工作”?
When you read a menu, do you think, "No, I'm not reading this, unless you pay me hard cash."
你看菜单时,会不会想“不,我 不看这个,除非你付我钱”
How many prostitutes will you need to talk to before this issue is solved?
你需要访问多少个卖淫女才能解决这个问题?
Are you planning to head to Eastern Europe and Thailand?
你有计划去东欧和泰国吗?
Um... Would you like to walk me to my car?
你可以送我上车吗?
Yes. Why not? Okay.
- 当然,为什么不? - 好的
Sounds like a good idea.
听起来是个好主意
What about you? Yeah, I have three older brothers.
- 你呢? - 我有三个哥哥
God. Yeah.
- 哦上帝 - 是的
Where are they?
他们都在哪儿?
Behind you.
你身后
Did you have trouble parking?
你是不是很烦恼停车?
Pardon? It's just such a long way to your car.
- 什么? - 你的车停得有点远
Well, my car's actually parked outside my house. I got a lift to the party.
我的车其实就停在我家外,我搭车去参加派对的
Okay.
好吧
That's good. That's perfect.
很好,太好了
Okay.
好了
And here we are.
我们到了
My God. Yeah.
- 上帝 - 耶
Car, house. House, car.
车,房子,房子,车
It makes perfect sense.
这种感觉很棒
It's very logical.
很顺理成章


重点解析


重点讲解
immense
adj. 巨大的,广大的;无边无际的;非常好的
It's almost impossible to find him in the immense ocean.
在无边无际的海洋中要找到他几乎是不可能的。
They cause immense suffering and disability for millions of people and anchor them in poverty.
但这些疾病造成成百万人的巨大痛苦和残疾,并使他们无法脱离贫穷。
court
n. 法院;球场;朝廷;奉承
vt. 招致(失败、危险等);向…献殷勤;设法获得
vi. 求爱
At this rate, we could find ourselves in the divorce courts!
照这样下去,我们可能会在离婚法庭上对簿公堂!
The hotel has several tennis and squash courts.
该旅馆有几个网球场和壁球场。
smart-ass
adj. 自以为是的;自作聪明的
n. 自以为了不起的家伙
responsibility
n. 责任,职责;义务
Each manager had responsibility for just under 600 properties.
每位经理对差一点不到六百处房产负责。
No one admitted responsibility for the attacks.
没有人对这些袭击负责。
I am told that he handled his responsibilities as a counsellor in a highly intelligent and caring fashion.
我被告知,他以一种高度的智慧和富有同情心的方式对待他作为一名顾问的职责。


考考你:

翻译

1.他们每人至少已经得到了两万美元,但还起诉以求得到更多。

2.她本想有一份薪水更高职权更多的工作。

3.这里的破晓让你看见无边无际的单调天空。

上期答案
1.Which ever one you chose, I hope you are with someone you can snuggle up next to!
2.The steak is a little overcooked, and the vegetables are a little undercooked.
3.He got married after a whirlwind romance.

分享到
重点单词
  • impossibleadj. 不可能的,做不到的 adj. 无法忍受的
  • disabilityn. 无力,无能,残疾
  • issuen. 发行物,期刊号,争论点 vi. & vt 发行,流
  • povertyn. 贫困,贫乏
  • anchorn. 锚,锚状物,依靠,新闻节目主播,压阵队员 v. 停
  • immenseadj. 巨大的,广大的,非常好的
  • pardonn. 原谅,赦免 vt. 宽恕,原谅
  • minutesn. 会议记录,(复数)分钟
  • logicaladj. 符合逻辑的,逻辑上的,有推理能力的
  • intelligentadj. 聪明的,智能的