看电影学英语《时空恋旅人》第4期:我的女神来了
日期:2014-02-22 20:10

(单词翻译:单击)

剧本欣赏


For me, it was always gonna be about love.
对我来说,什么事都能扯到谈恋 爱上去
And that summer I walked into the eye of the storm.
那个夏天,我不小心走到了暴风 中心
Her name was Charlotte. Cousin of Kit Kat's handsome but nasty boyfriend Jimmy.
她叫夏洛特,凯蒂那帅气却又惹 人厌的男朋友吉米的表妹
And she was staying for two whole months.
她过来住整整两个月
Just one. Not both of them.
- 就一个 - 都不是
Tim,
蒂姆…
will you do my back?
可以帮我涂下防晒霜吗?
Absolutely!
当然!
Very keen!
真热心!
Whoa! No. No.
哦,不
No. No, no. No, no, no.
哦,不
Is it in my hair? Yes!
- 弄我头发里了? - 是的!
Tim. Will you do my back?
蒂姆,可以帮我涂下防晒霜吗?
Sure. Just give us a sec.
当然,请稍等
Okay.
好的
Thank you.
谢谢
Now...
现在…
Ooh. Nice.
哦,好舒服
It's my area.
这是我的拿手绝活
It was a summer of suntan and torture.
那是个暴晒又受虐的夏天
I invited my foolish friend Jay around for tennis because I thought he'd make me look good.
我邀请我的蠢蛋损友杰伊来打网 球,原以为他会衬托出我的优秀
I was wrong!
我彻底错了!
What are you doing? No.
你在干什么?
Charlotte just made both of us look like idiots.
夏洛特让我俩看起来就像是傻子
Bad luck, Tim.
运气不佳,蒂姆
How the hell are you meant to concentrate on your game?
你怎么能专注于你的比赛?
How are you meant to live your life with this sort of shit going down?
出现这样的破状况你要怎么过 活?
It never got better until suddenly
这从未好转…
it was almost too late.
因为为时已晚
Well, Charlotte, our final lunch.
好了,夏洛特,我们最后的午餐
No!
不!
And it's been really, really lovely having you all summer.
有你一起共度整个夏天真是太… 太美好了
It has. Thank you. Thank you.
- 是的 - 谢谢,谢谢
It really has. Hasn't it, Desmond?
- 的确如此 - 不是吗,德斯蒙德?
Beg your pardon? Lovely having Charlotte here all summer.
- 不好意思,你说什么? - 整个夏天有夏洛特在很美好
Charlotte? Who's Charlotte?
夏洛特?谁是夏洛特?
Come on, darling. Charlotte, sitting next to you.
拜托,亲爱的,夏洛特就坐在你旁 边
Yes, of course. Of course. Charlotte. Hi.
- 是的,对,对,夏洛特 - 嗨
Lovely to meet you.
很高兴见到你
Have you enjoyed having Charlotte here all summer, Tim?
你喜欢夏洛特在这里过夏天吗, 蒂姆?
Yeah.
当然
There goes August.
时光匆匆啊
I've introduced him to most things, haven't I?
- 我已经跟他讲很多东西了,不是吗?
You did. You were much more sophisticated.
- 是的,你很有经验
In a quiet way, I like to think.
换句话说,我喜欢思考


重点解析


重点讲解:

torture
vt. 折磨;拷问;歪曲
n. 折磨;拷问;歪曲
The secret police tortured him to obtain information.
秘密警察拷问他以获取情报。
They tortured my words.
他们曲解了我的话。

sophisticate
vt. 弄复杂;使变得世故;曲解
n. 久经世故的人;精通者
vi. 诡辩
The relation of the literature and history were presented by way of entwine mutually of sophisticate.
文学与历史的关系是以一种复杂的相互纠缠的方式呈现出来的。

concentrate on
集中精力于;全神贯注于
So now we have to concentrate on the second game to go through to the semi-finals.
所以现在我们必须集中精力于第二回合的比赛确保进入半决赛.
In doing so, businesses will be able to concentrate on what they know how do best: their business.
这样,事情将能够集中在他们知道如何做得最好的事情上:他们的业务。

suntan
n. 晒黑;土黄色军服;棕色
Many people love what they consider a suntan’s healthy glow.
很多人喜欢他们所认为是晒黑的健康的脸色。
Play it safe and don't forget the suntan lotion!
希望玩的安全,并且不要忘记擦防晒霜哦!


考考你:

翻译

1.这个学生为焦虑所苦。

2.理由经得起时间的流逝,然而借口会迅速褪色,比晒黑更容易。

3.你愈是了解复杂的人类,你愈是感到沮丧绝望。

上期答案

1.Doctors say he has made a slight improvement.

2.He would start writing to his family and would screw the letter up in frustration.

3.Large-scale inflation is a recipe for disaster.





分享到
重点单词
  • improvementn. 改进,改善
  • disastern. 灾难
  • concentratev. 集中,专心,浓缩 n. 浓缩物
  • recipen. 食谱,秘诀,药方
  • screwn. 螺钉,螺丝,螺旋,螺旋桨,螺状物 v. 拧,拧紧
  • frustrationn. 挫折,令人沮丧的东西
  • pardonn. 原谅,赦免 vt. 宽恕,原谅
  • obtainvt. 获得,得到 vi. 通用,流行,存在
  • inflationn. 膨胀,通货膨胀
  • slightadj. 轻微的,微小的,纤细的,脆弱的 vt. 轻视,