看电影学英语《时空恋旅人》第8期:救场
日期:2014-02-27 10:19

(单词翻译:单击)

剧本欣赏


What's happened?
怎么回事?
What have you done, you poor thing?
你都干了什么,老可怜?
Nothing. It's just a flesh wound.
哦,没事,只是些擦伤
Here. Thank you.
- 来 - 谢谢
You may remember, my play opened tonight.
你可能记得,我的剧目今晚开场
My God, yes. How did it go? Well. it went well.
- 哦上帝,是的,怎么样? - 很好,很顺利
You could tell in the room a masterpiece was being unfurled.
可以说是又一杰作诞生了
Really? Really.
- 真的吗? - 真的
Until, and this is the crucial plot point, I think,
我想这是最重要的情节…
until the lead actor had the most massive dry in the history of theatre.
直到主演在剧场里出现大量的忘词冷场
No, no, no. Yes, yes, yes.
- 不,不,不 - 是的,是的
He didn't just forget his lines. He forgot his lines to the extent
他不单单只是忘词,临场发挥都没有…
that no actor has ever forgotten their lines before in the annals of dramatic art.
在话剧艺术的编年史上还从未出现演员忘词的现象
The reviews won't say "Major masterpiece gets unveiled",
观众们不会说“伟大的杰作诞生 了…”
they'll say, "Major actor gets Alzheimer's."
他们会说,“主演得了老年痴呆”
it's a disaster. Is an understatement.
- 真不幸 - 这么说还算轻的
It's the Titanic of play openings, but with no survivors.
原本是场泰坦尼克号…只可惜没有幸存者
No women, no children,
没有女人、小孩…
not even Kate Winslet.
甚至没有凯特温丝莱特
All dead.
全死了
Okay. I'll see what I can do. What does that mean?
- 好了,我看我还能做些什么 - 什么意思?
What are you gonna do? Ring up every critic in London and offer them a blow job
你要干什么?打电话给伦敦的每位批评家,然后替他们吹箫…
if they ignore the fact that we sat in total silence for half an hour
好让他们可以忽略我们冷场长达半小时…
waiting for a moron to remember one single line?
坐等一个痴呆去记起来只言片语 台词的事实?
Not quite that.
不是的
Hello.
你好
Hello, Sir Tom. I'm a friend of Harry's. How's it going with the lines?
你好,汤姆先生,我是哈利的朋 友,台词记得怎么样了?
I'm sorry, what do you mean "the lines"?
不好意思,“台词”是什么意思?
It's just, you know, in the court scenes, some of those lines are pretty complex.
你知道的,真正上场的时候,有 些台词比较复杂…
And I just thought maybe it might be worth, you know,
我只是认为或许你有必要…
having one last look at the lines before you go on. A little refresher.
在上场前再看多一眼台词,就算是温习一下
Fuck off out of here.
滚开
You arsing lunatic. Get out! You ginger twerp. Go on!
你这个疯子,出去!蠢蛋,快点!
Patronising piece of...
惠顾一些…
And now the Defence.
接下来是辩护方
I have lived many weary years...
我已经…过够了烦人的日子…
it's brilliant... but never,
- 不错 - 但是从未…
in that long catalogue of wasted time,
浪费这么长的时间…
have I ever seen such an atrocious miscarriage of justice.
去看正义遭遇诸如此类的践踏及流产
Do the Prosecution have anything final to add?
起诉方还有什么要补充的吗?
Sorry, excuse me. Sorry.
抱歉,不好意思,抱歉
Do the Prosecution have anything final to add?
起诉方还有什么要补充的吗?
Gentlemen...
各位…
I regard today's proceedings with the utmost gravity.
对于今天的庭审我严阵以待…
Nevertheless,
不过…
let us be clear of one
希望我们大家明白一件…
simple and salient thing.
简单却又重要的事…
It is the life
那就是…
of a guilty man!
一个罪恶之人的人生!


重点解析


重点讲解


unfurl
vt. 展开;使…临风招展
vi. 展开;公开
Or perhaps, simply contemplate the railway traveler: watching the landscape smoothly unfurl while the train rushes quietly to the next exciting destination.
或者可能只是想想火车旅行者:在火车安静地向下一个令人激动的目标飞驰时,迎风欣赏漂亮的风景
When the whirlwinds my banner unfurl.
当旋风把我的大旗张扬。
weary
adj. 疲倦的;厌烦的;令人厌烦的
vi. 疲倦;厌烦
vt. 使疲倦;使厌烦
Young people weary of countless restrictions and fetters.
年轻人对各种清规戒律感到厌烦。
Was he weary of his labours?
是他厌倦了他的工作吗?

atrocious
adj. 凶恶的,残暴的
Human beings are capable of atrocious behavior towards one another.
人类有能力去对另一个民族残暴。
Our assessment is that there are pretty atrocious labor practices.
我们评估认为那里的劳资做法相当残酷。

utmost
n. 极限;最大可能
adj. 极度的;最远的
This is of utmost importance.
这是至关重要的。
He would keep his pledge to the utmost of his power.
他将极力信守他的誓言。




考考你:

翻译

1.耐心是至关重要的。

2.他蹒跚地走回家,感到十分疲乏

3.为了展示我的英语实力,我决定写一部小说,描写一个年轻人创业的过程。

上期答案
1.Your smile should appear natural and relaxed, not cheerleader perky.
2.Gone was LeBlanc's trademark dark foppish fringe, replaced by a greying head of salt-and-pepper hair.
3.I know what sort of a player she is.














分享到
重点单词
  • dramaticadj. 戏剧性的,引人注目的,给人深刻印象的 dram
  • foppishadj. 浮华的,艳冶的,矫饰的,愚蠢的
  • assessmentn. 估价,评估
  • crucialadj. 关键的,决定性的
  • ignorevt. 不顾,不理,忽视
  • smoothlyadv. 平滑地,流畅地
  • capableadj. 有能力的,足以胜任的,有 ... 倾向的
  • wearyadj. 疲倦的,厌烦的 v. 疲倦,厌烦,生厌
  • brilliantadj. 卓越的,光辉的,灿烂的 n. 宝石
  • trademarkn. 商标