(单词翻译:单击)
Question 5. W: So, you're just back from a trip to India.
问题5 女:你刚刚从印度之行回来
What were you doing there?
在那边你做什么了?
M: The trip was intended to bring to the world's attention the fact that AIDS is not just an African disease.
男:这次印度之行的目的是为了告诉全世界,艾滋病并不只是一种属于非洲的疾病。
It's also endangering other countries, notably, India and Thailand.
艾滋病也在威胁着其他的国家,尤其是印度和泰国。
Q: What was the purpose of the man's trip to India?
问题:这个男人印度之行的目的是什么?
Question 6. M: It's quite clear for my visit. This is a full size, comprehensive university.
问题6 男:从我这次访问来看,很明显这是一所标准的综合大学.
So why is it still called a college?
那么为什么仍称它为学院呢?
W: The College of William and Mary is the second oldest institution of higher learning in this country.
女:威廉玛丽学院是这个国家第二古老的高等学习机构
We have nurtured great minds like Thomas Jefferson and we are proud of our name.
我们培育了很多像托马斯·杰斐逊那样的伟人,我们因为我们这个学院的名称而感到自豪.
Q: What do we learn from this conversation about the College of William and Mary?
问题:从对话中我们能获知关于威廉玛丽学院的什么信息?
Question 7. M: Have the parts we need for the photocopying machine arrived yet?
问题7 男:我们需要的复印机零部件送来了吗?
W: I ordered them last week, but something is holding them up.
女:我上周就已经定货了,但不知他们被什么给耽误了.
Q: What does the woman say about the parts needed for the photocopying machine?
问题:这个女人谈到了关于复印机零部件的什么信息?
Question 8. W: The cafeteria provided many kinds of dishes for us today. Did you notice that?
问题8 女:这家自助餐厅今天提供的菜色还挺丰富,不是么?
M: Yes, kind of rare, isn't it?
男:是啊 挺少见的 不是么?
Q: What does the man imply?
问题:这个男人在暗示什么?