(单词翻译:单击)
So what's the next thing on the agenda, Mary?
玛丽,日程表上要做的下一件事是什么?
Well, it's the South Theater Company.
是南方戏剧公司。
They want to know if we'd be interested in sponsoring a tour they want to make to East Asia.
他们想知道我们是否有兴趣赞助他们的一个东亚演出项目。
East Asia? Uhh… and how much are they hoping to get from us?
东亚?呃……他们想从我们这里得到多少赞助?
Well, the letter mentions 20,000 pounds, but I don't know if they might settle for us.
信里提到2万英镑,但我不知道他们是否会在我们这儿定下。
Do they say what they would cover?
他们有没有说费用涵盖哪些方面?
Have they anything specific in mind?
有没有具体说明?
No, I think they are just asking all the firms in tongue for as much money as they think they'll give.
没有,我觉得他们只是先探一探所有公司的口风,根据自己的判断提出了赞助的金额。
And we are worth 20,000 pounds, right?
也就说我们值2万英镑,对吧?
It seems so.
好像是。
Very flattering.
很抬举我们啊。
But I'm not awfully happy with the idea.
但我对这个主意并不感冒。
What we get out of it?
我们能从中得到什么呢?
Oh, good publicity I suppose.
哦,良好的宣传吧。
So what I suggest is not that we just give them a sum of money,
所以我不建议直接给他们一笔钱,
but that we offer to pay for something specific like travel or something,
而是支付某些具体项目的费用,比如旅费,
and that in return, we ask for our name to be printed prominently in the program,
作为回报,我们要求他们将我们的公司名称印刷在节目单的醒目位置,
and that they give us free advertising space in it.
这样他们就给我们打了免费的广告。
But the travel bill would be enormous, and we could never manage that.
但旅费十分庞大,我们不可能承担。
I know.
我知道。
But why don't we offer to pay for the printing of the programs ourselves,
但我们为什么不提出来印刷节目单呢?费用我们承担,
on condition that on the front cover there's something like
但前提是他们必须在节目单的首页写上类似
"This program is presented with the compliments of Norland Electronics", and free advertising of course?
“本节目由北国电子荣誉赞助”这样的话,当然,这也是免费广告。
Good idea.
好主意。
Well, let's get back to them and ask what the program they want will cost.
我们回信问问他们节目单的制作成本吧。
Then we can see if we are interested or not.
然后我们就能知道我们是否感兴趣了。