四签名(MP3+中英字幕) 第122期:琼诺赞·斯茂的奇异故事(32)
日期:2017-02-15 11:54

(单词翻译:单击)

Well, if I were to tell you all the adventures that my little chum and I went through, you would not thank me,
如果把我和我的小伙伴航海的全部经历都告诉你们,
for I would have you here until the sun was shining.
恐怕等到明天天亮也说不完。
Here and there we drifted about the world, something always turning up to keep us from London.
我们在世界上流浪到这里又流浪到那里,就是总回不来伦敦,
All the time, however, I never lost sight of my purpose.
可是我没有一时一刻忘记过报仇。
I would dream of Sholto at night. A hundred times I have killed him in my sleep.
夜晚不断梦见舒尔托,我在梦中杀了他不止一百次。
At last, however, some three or four years ago, we found ourselves in England.
最后,在三、四年前我们才回到了英国。

福尔摩斯探案集 四签名

I had no great difficulty in finding where Sholto lived,
回来之后,很容易就找到了舒尔托的住址。
and I set to work to discover whether he had realized on the treasure, or if he still had it.
我于是设法探问他是否偷到了那些宝物和那些宝物是否还在他的手中,
I made friends with someone who could help me
我和那个帮助我的人交上了朋友,
I name no names, for I don't want to get anyone else in a hole
我决不说出任何人的姓名来,以免牵连别人。
and I soon found that he still had the jewels.
我不久就访得了宝物还在他的手中,
Then I tried to get at him in many ways;
我想尽了方法去报仇,
but he was pretty sly and had always two prize-fighters, besides his sons and his khitmutgar, on guard over him.
可是他很狡猾,除了他两个儿子和一个印度仆人之外,永远有两个拳击手保护着他。
One day, however, I got word that he was dying.
有一天,听说他病重将死,
I hurried at once to the garden, mad that he should slip out of my clutches like that,
我想这样地便宜了他实在不甘心。我立刻跑到他的花园里,
and, looking through the window, I saw him lying in his bed, with his sons on each side of him.
从窗外往里屋看,看见他躺在床上,两边站着他的两个儿子。
I'd have come through and taken my chance with the three of them,
那时我本想冒险冲进去抵抗他们爷三个,
only even as I looked at him his jaw dropped, and I knew that he was gone.
可是就在那个时候他的下巴已经垂下去了,我知道他已经咽气,进去也没有用了。

分享到