四签名(MP3+中英字幕) 第41期:木桶的插曲(3)
日期:2016-05-26 14:59

(单词翻译:单击)

Pinchin Lane was a row of shabby, two-storied brick houses in the lower quarter of Lambeth.
品琴里位于莱姆贝斯区尽头,是一列窄小破旧的两层楼房。
I had to knock for some time at No. 3 before I could make any impression.
我叫三号门叫了很久才有人应声。
At last, however, there was the glint of a candle behind the blind, and a face looked out at the upper window.
最后,在百叶窗后出现了烛光,从楼窗露出来一个人头。
"Go on, you drunken vagabond," said the face.
那个露出来的头喊道:"滚开,醉鬼!
"If you kick up any more row, I'll open the kennels and let out forty-three dogs upon you."
你要是再嚷,我就放出四十三只狗来咬你。"
"If you'll let one out, it's just what I have come for," said I.
我道:"你就放一只狗出来吧,我就是为这个来的。"
"Go on!" yelled the voice. "So help me gracious, I have a wiper in this bag,
那声音又嚷道:"快滚!我这袋子里有一把锤子,
and I'll drop it on your 'ead if you don't hook it!"
你不躲开我就扔下去了!"
"But I want a dog," I cried.
我又叫道:"但我只要一只狗。"
"I won't be argued with!" shouted Mr. Sherman.
谢尔曼喊道,"少废话!
"Now stand clear; for when I say 'three,' down goes the wiper."
站远点儿。我数完一、二、三就往下扔锤子。"

福尔摩斯探案集 四签名

"Mr. Sherlock Holmes– –" I began; but the words had a most magical effect,
我这才说:"歇洛克·福尔摩斯先生..."这句话真有不可思议的魔力,
for the window instantly slammed down, and within a minute the door was unbarred and open.
楼窗立即关上了,没过一分钟门也开了。
Mr. Sherman was a lanky, lean old man, with stooping shoulders, a stringy neck, and blue-tinted glasses.
谢尔曼先生是个瘦高个老头儿,脖子上青筋暴露,驼背,还戴着蓝光眼镜。
"A friend of Mr. Sherlock is always welcome," said he.
他说:"福尔摩斯先生的朋友来到这里永远是受欢迎的。
"Step in, sir. Keep clear of the badger, for he bites.
请里边坐,先生。小心那只獾,它咬人呢。"
Ah, naughty, naughty; would you take a nip at the gentleman?"
淘气!淘气!你不要抓这位先生呀。"
This to a stoat which thrust its wicked head and red eyes between the bars of its cage.
他又向着一只从笼子缝钻出头来有两只红眼睛的鼬鼠喊道
"Don't mind that, sir; it's only a slowworm.
又道,"先生不要害怕,这不过是只蛇蜥蜴,
It hain't got no fangs, so I gives it the run o' the room, for it keeps the beetles down.
它没有毒牙,我是把它放在屋里吃甲虫的。
You must not mind my bein' just a little short wi' you at first,
您不要怪我方才对您失礼,
for I'm guyed at by the children, and there's many a one just comes down this lane to knock me up.
实在因为常常有顽童跑到这儿来捣乱,把我吵起来。
What was it that Mr. Sherlock Holmes wanted, sir?"
可是,歇洛克·福尔摩斯先生要什么呢?"
"He wanted a dog of yours."
"他要你的一只狗。"
"Ah! that would be Toby."
"啊!一定是透比。"
"Yes, Toby was the name."
"不错,就是透比。"
"Toby lives at No. 7 on the left here."
"透比就住在左边第七个栏里。"
He moved slowly forward with his candle among the queer animal family which he had gathered round him.
谢尔曼拿着蜡烛慢慢地在前面引路,走过他收集来的那些奇禽怪兽。
In the uncertain, shadowy light I could see dimly that there were glancing,
我在朦胧闪烁的光线下,
glimmering eyes peeping down at us from every cranny and corner.
隐约看到每个角落里都有闪闪的眼睛在偷偷地望着我们。
Even the rafters above our heads were lined by solemn fowls,
就连我们头上的架子上面也排列了很多野鸟,
who lazily shifted their weight from one leg to the other as our voices disturbed their slumbers.
我们的声音搅醒了它们的睡梦,它们懒懒地把重心从一只爪换到另一只爪上去。
Toby proved to be an ugly, long-haired, lop-eared creature,
透比是一只外形丑陋的长毛垂耳的狗--是混血种。
half spaniel and half lurcher, brown and white in colour, with a very clumsy, waddling gait.
黄白两色的毛,走起路来摇摇摆摆。
It accepted, after some hesitation, a lump of sugar which the old naturalist handed to me, and,
我从谢尔曼手中拿了一块糖喂过它以后,
having thus sealed an alliance, it followed me to the cab and made no difficulties about accompanying me.
我们中间就树立了友谊,它这才随我上车。
It had just struck three on the Palace clock when I found myself back once more at Pondicherry Lodge.
我回到樱沼别墅的时候,皇宫的时钟方才打过三点。
The ex-prize-fighter McMurdo had, I found, been arrested as an accessory,
我发现那个作过拳击手的麦克默多已被当做同谋,
and both he and Mr. Sholto had been marched off to the station.
已经和舒尔托先生同被逮捕到警署去了。
Two constables guarded the narrow gate,
两个警察把守着大门,
but they allowed me to pass with the dog on my mentioning the detective's name.
我提出侦探的名字后,他们就让我带着狗进去了。

分享到
重点单词
  • thrustn. 推力,刺,力推 v. 插入,推挤,刺
  • hookn. 钩状物,勾拳,钩 v. 钩住,弯成(钩装),当妓女
  • accessoryadj. 附属的(副的,辅助的) n. 附件,同谋
  • rown. 排,船游,吵闹 vt. 划船,成排 vi. 划船,
  • hesitationn. 犹豫
  • clumsyadj. 笨拙的,笨重的,不得体的
  • lumpn. 团,块,瘤,笨重的人 v. 使成块,形成团状,归并
  • solemnadj. 庄严的,严肃的,隆重的
  • impressionn. 印象,效果
  • candlen. 蜡烛