生命中的一年(视频+MP3+中英字幕) 第6期:婚姻失败罗琳患抑郁症
日期:2015-10-29 15:22

(单词翻译:单击)

纪录片文本

After her mother's death Jo moved to Portugal to teach English as a Foreign Language.
在她母亲去世以后,乔移居葡萄牙当教外语的外语老师。
She married Jorge Arantes, a television journalist.
她和乔什·阿朗特斯结婚,他是一个电视记者。
Together they had a daughter, Jessica.
他们育有一个女儿,杰西卡。
But the marriage failed after two years.
但两年后,婚姻破裂了。
Jo succumbed to depression.
乔被绝望击垮。
I'd had a short and really quite catastrophic marriage and I'm left with this baby and I've got to get this baby back to Britain and I've got to rebuild us a life.
我有一段短暂而灾难性的婚姻,我带着小孩离开,我带着孩子回到了英国,我得重建我们的生活。

婚姻失败罗琳患抑郁症.png

And adrenalin kept me going through that, and it was only when I came to rest that it hit me what a complete mess I had made of my life.
那种精神上的刺激一直让我渡过难关,但在我喘口气的间歇,我才发觉我的生活真是糟糕透顶。
And that hit me quite hard.
那对我打击很大。
We were as skint as you can be without being homeless. In other words, we were existing entirely on benefits.
我们除了有个寄居之地以外身无分文。换句话说,我们完全靠社会救济生活。
And at that point I was definitely clinically depressed.
在那个点上,我确确实实地陷入了临床忧郁症。
And that's just characterized for me by a numbness, a coldness and an inability to believe that you will feel happy again or that you could feel lighthearted again.
这么形容当时的我:一个麻木的,冷漠的生物,不相信自己还能再感到幸福还能感到愉快。
It was just all the color drained out of life, really.
那时生命里所有的光彩真的都退去了。
And I loved Jessica very, very much and was terrified something was going to happen to her.
我非常地爱杰西卡,害怕有什么事会发生在她身上。
Because I think I got into that very depressive mindset where everything's gone wrong so this one good thing in my life will now go wrong as well.
因为我觉得我已经走入了极其绝望的境地,一切都是错的,那么我生活中唯一的好事也会变糟。
So it was almost a surprise to me every morning that she was still alive.
所以当我每天早上发现她还活着的时候,几乎是一种惊喜了。
I kept expecting her to die or... It was a bad, bad time.
我总想着她会死掉,那真的是非常可怕的时候。
Jo's depression inspired her creation of the Dementors in the Harry Potter series.
乔的绝望启发她创造了哈利·波特小说中摄魂怪这一生物。
"Dementors are among the foulest creatures that walk this earth.
“摄魂怪是世界上最可怕的生物之一。
They infest the darkest, filthiest places.
它们出没在最黑暗、最肮脏的地方。
They glory in decay and despair.
它们以腐化和使人绝望为乐。
They drain peace, hope and happiness out of the air around them.
它们吞噬周围环境里的安宁,希望和快乐。
Get too near a Dementor and every good feeling, every happy memory will be sucked out of you."
一旦接近摄魂怪,一切美妙的感觉,一切快乐的回忆都会从你的身体被吸走。”

纪录片视频

栏目介绍:

本栏目是介绍关于《哈利·波特》作者J.K.罗琳的一部视频纪录片,这部影片记录了J.K.罗琳在写作并出版最后一部《哈利·波特》小说——《哈利·波特与死亡圣器》的一年里发生的事情。此外还包含了对罗琳的多次采访、提问,还有罗琳在首发会和推广会上的一些内容。

精彩视频:


分享到
重点单词
  • inspiredadj. 有创见的,有灵感的
  • lightheartedadj. 快乐的,心情愉快的;无忧无虑的
  • numbnessn. 麻木;麻痹
  • inabilityn. 无能,无力
  • depressionn. 沮丧,萧条
  • gloryn. 光荣,荣誉,壮丽,赞颂 vi. 为 ... 而骄傲
  • decayv. (使)衰退,(使)腐败,腐烂 n. 衰退,腐败,腐
  • despairn. 绝望,失望 vi. 失望
  • catastrophicadj. 悲惨的,灾难的
  • drainn. 下水道,排水沟,消耗 v. 耗尽,排出,排干,喝光