生命中的一年(视频+MP3+中英字幕) 第2期:J.K.罗琳不易的童年
日期:2015-10-17 08:36

(单词翻译:单击)

纪录片文本

The desire for a happy family comes, in part, from a difficult childhood.
对一个幸福家庭的渴望部分源于她不易的童年。
Like her orphaned hero, Harry Potter.
就像她的孤儿主人公 哈利·波特。
Joanne Rowling was brought up on a suburban British street.
乔安妮·罗琳在英国郊区的小街被抚养长大。
First in Yate, just outside Bristol and then a few miles down the road, in Winterbourne.
她先住在耶雅特,就在布里斯托尔港的旁边,然后搬到了不远的温特博恩。
The house even had a cupboard under the stairs.
家里的楼梯下甚至还有一个碗柜。

J.K.罗琳不易的童年.png

But unlike Harry Potter, Jo wasn't made to sleep there.
但和哈利·波特不同,她没有睡在那里。
She shares the same birthday as Harry Potter, the 31st of July.
她和哈利·波特同一天生日,7月31日。
And together with her sister, Di, endured similar childhood economies.
她和妹妹戴一起经历了同样贫穷的童年。
What were your haircuts like? Oh.
你小时候的发型如何? 噢。
That's...That's just not...That's just wrong. They were terrible.
那……那不是……那是错误的决定。 那样子很可怕。
Honestly. This is child abuse. They were terrible.
实话说,这简直是虐待儿童。那时太可怕了。
I've got it here.
我这里有照片。
That's not...That... Look at my fringe.
那不是……那时……看我的刘海吧。
I don't think anyone can stomach that for long.
我想没人能忍受那么久。
If you're wondering, Jo is the one on the right.
如果你猜不出来,乔是右边的那位。
If you weren't used to cutting hair... wouldn't you approach it in a gentle, slow manner?
要是你不习惯剪头发,你不是也会用另一种缓和的方式达成吗?
Wouldn't you go to a hairdresser? Well, maybe they couldn't...
难道你不去美发店吗? 好吧,可能是他们不会剪……
Wouldn't you just cut it slowly and not attack it like a hatchet?
难道你就不能慢慢剪,别像斧子一样乱来吗?
I do think you've...Mine was always crooked, always.
我认为你是……我的刘海总是歪的,一直都是。
Did you wear similar clothes? Oh, God, yes.
你们以前穿一样的衣服吗?噢,上帝,是的。
Different colors, but... Yeah, you always had pink. And I always had blue.
颜色不一样,但…… 对,你总是穿粉红的,而我总是穿蓝的。
Because you were the boy, Jo? Yeah.
因为希望你是男孩,乔?是啊。
Because you were the eldest? Yeah, and I was supposed to be a boy.
因为你是老大? 是的,我本该是个男孩。
So... Simon John.
所以…… 西蒙·约翰。
I was supposed to be Simon John. I even know who I was supposed to be.
我本来该叫西蒙·约翰,我甚至知道我本该是谁。
Had they told you? Oh, yeah.
他们告诉你了? 是的。
She was a massive disappointment. Yeah.
她当时特别失望。 是啊。
And so then I said quite hopefully: "And when Di came along, were you disappointed too?"
然后我还抱着希望问:“小戴出生的时候,你们也失望了吗?”
"No."
“没有”
I said, "Was that because you found out it was quite nice to have a girl?"
我说:“那是因为你们发现生女孩也很好?”
"No."
“没有”
So then I just went upstairs and wept.
然后我就上楼哭去了。

纪录片视频

栏目介绍:

本栏目是介绍关于《哈利·波特》作者J.K.罗琳的一部视频纪录片,这部影片记录了J.K.罗琳在写作并出版最后一部《哈利·波特》小说——《哈利·波特与死亡圣器》的一年里发生的事情。此外还包含了对罗琳的多次采访、提问,还有罗琳在首发会和推广会上的一些内容。

精彩视频:


分享到
重点单词
  • gentleadj. 温和的,轻柔的,文雅的,温顺的,出身名门的
  • massiveadj. 巨大的,大规模的,大量的,大范围的
  • fringen. 流苏,次要,边缘,额外补贴 vt. 用流苏修饰,镶
  • disappointmentn. 失望,令人失望的人或事
  • abusen. 滥用,恶习 vt. 滥用,辱骂,虐待
  • disappointedadj. 失望的
  • approachn. 接近; 途径,方法 v. 靠近,接近,动手处理