生命中的一年(视频+MP3+中英字幕) 第4期:母亲去世早,与父亲不和
日期:2015-10-22 08:52

(单词翻译:单击)

纪录片文本

Jo was the only member of the family to attend church services regularly and was baptized here at the age of 11.
乔是家里唯一一个经常来教堂服务的人。11岁的时候,她在这里受洗。
Do you believe in God?
你信仰上帝吗?
Yes.
是的。
I do- I do struggle with it.
我真的,真的对此挣扎过。
I couldn't pretend that I'm not doubt-ridden about a lot of things and that would be one of them. But I would say yes.
我没法假装对许多事情不抱怀疑,这也是我挣扎的原因之一,但我还是会说“是”。

罗琳艰难的童年.png

Do you think there's a life beyond this of some kind?
你相信冥冥之中有某个东西超越于万物之上吗?
Yes, I think I do.
是的,我想是的。
Jo's religious belief and her thoughts about love, death and the afterlife were severely tested when her mother was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 1980.
乔的宗教信仰和她关于爱,死亡和来生的想法在她母亲1980年被诊断出多发性硬化症的时候遭到了严峻的考验。
I was 15 when she was diagnosed.
她被确诊的时候,我15岁。
But we now know that she was showing signs probably from when I was about 10 or 11.
但我们现在知道她从我10岁11岁时就可能有症状显示了。
She would have odd losses of feeling in limbs.
她的四肢会奇怪地失去知觉。
Her balance actually was poor for a long time.
她的平衡感其实很长一段时间都很差。
And then it just got worse and worse and she decided it was time to visit the doctor but she wasn't expecting to hear anything.
之后身体每况愈下,直到她觉得要去看医生,但她本以为没什么大碍。
And then, you know, a year of tests and there we were.
然后一年的检查下来,我们得到了确诊。
She had a very virulent form of the illness.
她患上了恶疾。
And at that time there were no drug treatments at all.
那时候没有一点药物可以治疗。
They said, "Well, you've got multiple sclerosis. See you. "
他们说:“好吧,你得了多发性硬化症,保重。”
The illness was to have a devastating impact on the two girls.
这场病给两个女孩带来了毁灭性的影响。
Particularly as they found their father difficult.
特别是她们与父亲相处不和。
One of the reasons Harry Potter is so full of idealized father figures Hagrid, Dumbledore and Sirius Black is that Jo's relationship with her own father was far from ideal.
《哈利·波特》中充满了那么多完美父亲的形象:海格,邓布利多和小天狼星·布莱克,原因之一就是乔和自己父亲的关系并不如意。
I was very frightened of my father for a very long time.
很长一段时间以来,我很怕我的父亲。
And...But also tried.
然后……但是我也尝试了。
Well, it's a common combination, isn't it? I also tried desperately to get his approval and make him happy, I suppose.
父女不和是种很常见的关系,是吧?我拼命尝试得到他的认可,或者说哄他开心。
And then there came a point, quite shamingly late in life where I couldn't do that anymore.
直到某一天自觉羞愧,一直到了年纪挺大的时候我再也不想这么做了。
And so I haven't had any contact with my father now for a few years.
所以在这之后,我已经好几年没和父亲有任何联系了。
The absence of any meaningful relationship with her father and the long, slow loss of her mother are two of the most important influences on Jo's writing.
这种父女之间重要关系的缺席以及看着母亲死去这一段长久而缓慢的经历是影响乔写作的两个最重要因素。
Ann Rowling died in 1990.
安·罗琳于1990年离世。
She never knew about Harry Potter or the phenomenal success her daughter was about to enjoy.
她再也不会知道《哈利·波特》也不会知道她女儿即将享有的非凡成就。

纪录片视频

栏目介绍:

本栏目是介绍关于《哈利·波特》作者J.K.罗琳的一部视频纪录片,这部影片记录了J.K.罗琳在写作并出版最后一部《哈利·波特》小说——《哈利·波特与死亡圣器》的一年里发生的事情。此外还包含了对罗琳的多次采访、提问,还有罗琳在首发会和推广会上的一些内容。

精彩视频:


分享到
重点单词
  • combinationn. 结合,联合,联合体
  • pretendv. 假装,装作 adj. 假装的
  • virulentadj. 有毒的,有恶意的,充满敌意的
  • devastatingadj. 毁灭性的,令人震惊的,强有力的
  • impactn. 冲击(力), 冲突,影响(力) vt. 挤入,压紧
  • frightenedadj. 受惊的,受恐吓的
  • multipleadj. 许多,多种多样的 n. 倍数,并联
  • approvaln. 批准,认可,同意,赞同
  • havenn. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,